- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Biography: Juan Miranda
Mr. Juan Miranda is the Managing Director General of the Asian Development Bank. He assumed office in July 2014.
Mr. Miranda works directly with ADB’s President and the rest of the management team to, among other things, implement the reforms agreed from the recent midterm review of ADB’s strategic framework.
Prior to this, Mr. Miranda was the Director General for ADB’s South Asia Department from 2012 to 2014, and the Director General for ADB’s Central and West Asia Department from 2006 to 2012.
Mr. Miranda initially joined ADB as a project economist in 1987 to 1990. He rejoined ADB in February 2004 as a senior advisor responsible for an ADB-wide initiative to drive innovation and efficiency.
Mr. Miranda has a long standing experience in project and corporate finance, with an emphasis on infrastructure, selected public services, and utilities. He has worked on fund raising for build-operate and transfer contracts, concessions, and joint ventures between public and private sponsors. He also advised on mergers and acquisitions and privatization mandates.
Before rejoining ADB, Mr. Miranda held senior posts in leading commercial and investment banks, as well as in European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. He founded and ran his own investment banking boutique in London. He was also a founding partner of an investment bank in Spain.
Mr. Miranda is a Spanish national and a graduate of Reading University in the UK where he studied Agricultural Economics.
29 Sep 2014
ADB has altered the way its clients procure plant and equipment, civil works, and consultant services to improve the efficiency of implementing the projects it finances.
23 Jul 2014
ADB has received a US Department of Treasury award for a pioneering rail project in Afghanistan that is providing a cross-border trade link crucial to the country’s post-conflict economy.
11 Jun 2014
ADB today announced the appointment of Juan Miranda as the Managing Director General. The appointment is effective 1 July 2014.