- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Biography: Xiaoyu Zhao
Mr. Xiaoyu Zhao is the Vice-President (Operations 1) of ADB. He joined ADB in September 2008.
Mr. Zhao is responsible for operations of the South Asia Department and the Central and West Asia Department.
Prior to joining ADB, Mr. Zhao was the Deputy Governor of the Export-Import Bank of China, where he was the chairperson for both the Assets and Liability Management Committee and the Centralized Procurement Evaluation Committee.
Mr. Zhao served as the Director-General for the International Department of the Ministry of Finance of the People's Republic of China (PRC) from 2002 to 2004.
He was ADB's Executive Director for PRC from March 1999 to September 2002, and the World Bank's Alternate Executive Director for PRC from January 1997 to February 1999.
A Chinese national, Mr. Zhao holds an M. A. degree in Economics from George Washington University, and a B. A. degree in Western Language and Literature at Peking University.
Mr. Zhao is married with one child.
|2008-present||Vice-President (Operations 1), Asian Development Bank|
|2004-2008||Deputy Governor, Export-Import Bank of China|
|2002-2004||Director-General, International Department, Ministry of Finance, PRC|
|1999-2002||Executive Director for PRC, Asian Development Bank|
|1997-1999||Alternate Executive Director for PRC, The World Bank Group|
|1994-1996||Deputy Director-General, Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Finance, PRC|
|1987-1994||Director, Foreign Affairs Department, Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Finance, PRC|
|1985-1986||Deputy Director, Program Division, World Bank Department, Ministry of Finance, PRC|
|1982-1984||Executive Director's Assistant, Chinese ED's Office, The World Bank Group|