Policies and Strategies
ADB’s long-term strategic framework promotes three complementary agendas on inclusive economic growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration.
- Strategy 2020: The Long-Term Strategic Framework of the Asian Development Bank 2008-2020
- Strategy 2020 midterm review
- Corporate results framework
- Key accomplishments under Strategy 2020
Core Operational Areas
80% of ADB lending is in five core operational areas, identified as comparative strengths of ADB.
- Education by 2020: A Sector Operations Plan
- Regional Cooperation and Integration Strategy
- Financial Sector Operational Plan
Other Operational Areas
- Operational Plan for Health, 2015–2020
- Operational Plan for Sustainable Food Security in Asia and the Pacific
- Private Sector Development: A Revised Strategic Framework
- Revised Capacity Development Action Plan
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment Operational Plan, 2013-2020
- Knowledge Management Directions and Action Plan (2013-2015)
- Cooperation Arrangements for Development Partnerships
Regional/Country Partnership Strategies
The regional cooperation strategy outlines how an ADB-defined region or subregion can work together to foster economic growth and cooperation.
The country partnership strategy is ADB's primary platform for designing operations to deliver development results at the country level.
- Country Partnership Strategies
- Country Partnership Strategy Updates
- Country Operations Business Plans
The operations manual of ADB collects operational policies known as "Bank policies." The manual also includes operational procedures that spell out procedural requirements and guidance on the implementation of policies.