Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Credit Portfolio Monitoring Division (RMCM) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM is responsible for ensuring that ADB's goal of poverty alleviation is sustainable through (i) safeguarding ADB's rating, (ii) advising Board and Management on risk issues, and (iii) promoting a strong risk culture.
RMCM is responsible for (i) credit risk monitoring which entails regular review of all non-sovereign transactions throughout the life of the transaction ensuring accurate risk ratings, valuations and risk categorizations appropriate for the evolving operational and financial risks of projects; (ii) portfolio analysis and reporting on all risk-taking activities of the bank; (iii) management and execution of workout strategies for impaired transactions, and (iv) data management.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Risk Management Analyst undertakes a range of clearly defined tasks circumscribing portfolio analysis and reporting and data management. He/she also provides support for data entries and processing, database maintenance, modelling, and basic analysis necessary for risk reporting on ADB's sovereign and non-sovereign portfolios.
The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assist in data collection, verification, and entry into relevant databases.
- Assist in data processing and portfolio analysis required for the quarterly risk management reports including calculation of expected loss and capital adequacy ratios using ADB models as well as assessment of movements in exposure and main drivers thereof.
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations for the quarterly risk management reporting as well as ad-hoc reporting to internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy of the produced report and presentations by performing data reconciliation, investigation of discrepancies, and proofreading.
- Assist in preparing other monthly and quarterly memos reporting the changes in the portfolio quality including watch list transactions list, ratings and risk category changes, and delayed risk monitoring.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the supervisors in relation to the functions of Portfolio Analysis and Reporting (PAR) and Data Management (DM) units.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in major commercial banks, or consulting/accounting firms prior to joining ADB.
- Advance computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets, power point, graphics software used within ADB, financial modeling and macro.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 1-7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.