- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
6 May 2014
ADB has helped open up Afghanistan to increased trade and commerce through the construction of a new rail system.
5 May 2014
ADB's 47th Annual Meeting, held in Astana from 2 to 5 May, saw much discussion on connectivity, innovation, and the need to keep up with the demands of a changing Asia and Pacific.
4 May 2014
Infographic: The CAREC Corridors - Linking the Russian Federation with South Asia and the Middle East
In Central Asia, six CAREC corridors link the region’s economic hubs to each other and connect the landlocked CAREC countries to other Eurasian and global markets. Corridor 3 connects the Russian Federation to South Asia and the Middle East, running through six of CAREC’s member countries.
30 Apr 2014
In Central Asia, six CAREC corridors link the region’s economic hubs to each other and connect the landlocked CAREC countries to other Eurasian and global markets. Corridor 2 links East Asia to the Mediterranean and southern Europe - with trade expanding in recent years following the implementation of the People’s Republic of China’s “go west” policy.
29 Apr 2014
In Central Asia, six CAREC corridors link the region’s economic hubs to each other and connect the landlocked CAREC countries to other Eurasian and global markets. Corridor 1 - the most active of the six - links Europe to East Asia, traversing the Russian Federation border to the People’s Republic of China via Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic.
21 Apr 2014
ADB is an international development finance institution. We provide loans, grants, and expertise to our developing member countries to help reduce poverty and create a world in which everyone can share the benefits of growth.
14 Mar 2014
After years of rapid growth, many countries in Asia have advanced to middle-income status. The transition from middle income to high income, however, can be a slow process. Here are 12 things to know about overcoming the so-called middle-income trap in the region.
24 Oct 2013
In an increasingly integrated world, regional cooperation is key to the long-term prosperity of nations. Here are 12 things to know about regional cooperation among the countries in Central Asia and between Central Asia and its neighbors.
14 Oct 2013
With Asia and the Pacific’s energy demand set to sharply outpace the rest of the world’s over the next two decades, cross-border power exchanges can play a central role in helping the region meet this growing demand.
20 Sep 2013
Asia and the Pacific has made good progress towards the eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), though the region will still need to make greater efforts if it is to meet some important targets.