- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
30 Mar 2006
A US$1 million grant from ADB is helping Afghanistan prepare a program that will enhance the role of the private sector in economic growth and poverty reduction.
14 Mar 2006
A workshop opens this week in Washington, DC, to explore the potential contribution to Asia's economic development of overseas professionals.
31 Jan 2006
ADB plans to provide Afghanistan with US$1 billion in low-interest loans and outright grants over the next five years, ADB President Haruhiko Kuroda told an international conference. The assistance will promote economic growth and poverty reduction in support of Afghanistan's new five-year development plan, the Interim Afghanistan National Development Strategy.
4 Jan 2006
About 400,000 mostly poor people will benefit from a water resources management project for Afghanistan's western basins backed by an ADB assistance package totaling US$75 million.
21 Dec 2005
ADB has approved the first part of a program to reform Afghanistan's fiscal management and public administration with an assistance package totaling US$55 million.
23 Nov 2005
ADB will substantially increase its support for regional cooperation in Central Asia over the next three years.
21 Nov 2005
ADB will help boost regional trade and cooperation in Central Asia through a US$29.5 million loan that will help rehabilitate a critical part of the road linking Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan, to the Kyrgyz Republic.
6 Nov 2005
More than 40 business leaders and policymakers from Central and South Asia met on 4 November to establish a Regional Business Roundtable (RBR) to expand the involvement of the business community in economic cooperation in the region.
6 Nov 2005
Seven countries today signed a memorandum of understanding establishing a forum of electricity regulators in the Central Asia region.
6 Nov 2005
Ministers from Central Asian and neighboring countries agreed today on a series of specific measures to accelerate economic cooperation in the fast-growing region.