- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
19 Aug 2014
Climate change is likely to cause huge economic, social, and environmental damage to South Asia, a region already hard-pressed to lift a third of its 1.5 billion population out of poverty.
15 Aug 2014
Safeguards are operational policies and procedures that seek to avoid, minimize, or mitigate adverse environmental and social impacts, including protecting the rights of those likely to be affected or marginalized by the development process.
1 Jul 2014
South Asia needs to invest more in education and skills training to improve economic opportunities for its growing youth population.
27 May 2014
No matter how poor a community may be, technological and financial solutions are available for it to benefit from modern sanitation practices.
5 May 2014
ADB's 47th Annual Meeting, held in Astana from 2 to 5 May, saw much discussion on connectivity, innovation, and the need to keep up with the demands of a changing Asia and Pacific.
28 Apr 2014
Though the use of internet and mobile phones has skyrocketed over the past years, women in developing Asian countries are being left behind by the digital revolution. This is holding them back and costing society and the economy dear.
21 Apr 2014
ADB is an international development finance institution. We provide loans, grants, and expertise to our developing member countries to help reduce poverty and create a world in which everyone can share the benefits of growth.
28 Mar 2014
Violence against women not only affects the survivors' mental and physical well-being, but it also carries staggering social and economic costs.
14 Mar 2014
After years of rapid growth, many countries in Asia have advanced to middle-income status. The transition from middle income to high income, however, can be a slow process. Here are 12 things to know about overcoming the so-called middle-income trap in the region.
29 Nov 2013
A new fund that targets climate change resilience in 25 Asian Cities will be provided by an innovative partnership between ADB, the UK Department for International Development (DFID) Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation. The goal is to leverage and scale up solutions to protect some of the world's most vulnerable urban communities.