ADB-Cook Islands Partnership Strategy
ADB’s operations in the Cook Islands are demand-driven, within areas of ADB’s comparative strength, and capitalize on regional approaches and partnerships.
The country operations business plan (COBP), 2015-2017 for the Cook Islands is aligned with ADB’s Pacific Approach, 2010-2014, which serves as the country partnership strategy, and the Cook Islands National Sustainable Development Plan (NSDP), 2011-2015. The shared focus of the COBP, the Pacific Approach, and the NSDP is on infrastructure development, renewable energy and energy efficiency, information and communication technology (ICT), public sector management, private sector participation, and capacity development. These strategic priorities are in line with the findings of ADB’s Midterm Review of Strategy 2020.
The COBP will target the following:
- enabling the government to continue implementing its reform program for the public sector, including strengthening public financial management and improving public service delivery,
- supporting the government’s commitment to renewable energy, and
- escalating the efficiency of the ICT sector.
Country Operations Business Plans
Country Partnership Strategies
Regional Cooperation Strategy and Programs
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2010-2013)
- ADB's Approach to Assisting the Pacific (2010-2014)
- Working in Fragile Environments: A Midterm Review of the Pacific Strategy (2005–2009)
Country Partnership Strategy Updates
Country Fact Sheets
The Public Communications Policy (PCP) recognizes that transparency and accountability are essential to development effectiveness. It establishes the disclosure requirements for documents and information ADB produces or requires to be produced.
The Accountability Mechanism provides a forum where people adversely affected by ADB-assisted projects can voice and seek solutions to their problems and report alleged noncompliance of ADB's operational policies and procedures.