- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
20 Dec 2007
Sweden and the Asian Development Bank are helping to set up the institutional framework and implementing arrangements to support competitive regional power trading to ensure long-term stable and mutually beneficial electricity supply to the six Asian member nations of the Greater Mekong Subregion economic cooperation program.
5 Dec 2007
The Republic of Korea, Australia and Asian Development Bank are providing $165.5 million in loans and grants to Cambodia and Viet Nam to rehabilitate transport infrastructure to promote cross-border trade and support economic development in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
15 Aug 2007
The Asian Development Bank will help develop a road network in the western province of Guangxi, one of the poorest parts of the People's Republic of China, to promote trade through a regional transport system linking the province and nearby Viet Nam.
21 Jun 2007
Senior officials of several Mekong countries agreed today to build a bridge across the Mekong River that will connect the southwestern province of the People's Republic of China directly to Bangkok by road.
11 Jun 2007
Countries in the Greater Mekong subregion have the potential to become major biofuel producers, but there are important hurdles that must be crossed to ensure the success of such an initiative, a workshop on the relationship between bioenergy and poverty alleviation agreed today.
10 Apr 2007
Farmers, especially smallholders, and the rural poor of six nations stand to benefit from a new program that aims to foster cross-border trade and investment in agriculture, contribute to food security and poverty reduction, and promote environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources.
9 Apr 2007
Agriculture ministers of six nations will meet tomorrow for the first time, to discuss a far reaching program to accelerate and strengthen their cooperation in agriculture, which employs a large proportion of the population in their countries.
20 Mar 2007
The countries of the Mekong region took a major step forward today in linking their nations through improved transportation and border facilities.
7 Mar 2007
In small ethnic communities scattered around the uplands of the Mekong region, groups of women come together during afternoons to listen to a rare form of entertainment - radio dramas that teach them about HIV/AIDS, trafficking and drug use.
18 Sep 2006
ADB's updated regional cooperation strategy for the Greater Mekong Subregion proposes indicative lending totaling US$1.565 billion over the three years 2007-2009.