Human Resource Development in the Greater Mekong Subregion
A vital sector in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) program strategy is the development of human resources and skill competencies across the region.
Implementation of the GMS program is monitored through the Vientiane Plan of Action (VPOA), which was adopted by the GMS leaders at the Third Summit in Vientiane, Lao PDR in March 2008.
The key strategic thrusts detailed in the VPOA are focused on:
- Promoting regional cooperation in education and skills development
- Facilitating safe labor migration within the subregion
- Supporting communicable disease control
- Enhancing regional cooperation for social development
- Strengthening regional institutional links and mechanisms for regional cooperation
- HRD-related projects and activities under the VPOA entail a more focused strategic direction and priority for human resource development, including capacity building for almost 300 middle- to senior-level GMS officials annually under the Phnom Penh Plan for development management.
- HIV Prevention and the Infrastructure Sector in the GMS
- Working Group on Human Resource Development
- Phnom Penh Plan for Development Management
Proceedings of the Meetings of GMS Working Group on Human Resource Development
Visit Scribd for more GMS conference proceedings.