India and ADB
In the Spotlight
This report analyzes the institutions and structures that govern labor migration in Asia. It considers the important role of governments and other stakeholders in both labor-destination countries such as Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Singapore, and labor-sending countries such as India, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka.
The shareholders of the TAPI Pipeline Company Limited signed an historic agreement on 13 December 2015 in the Turkmen city of Mary to commemorate the start of construction of the Turkmen portion of the planned 1,800 km Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) natural gas pipeline project.
ADB is administering a $6 million loan from the Clean Technology Fund to help Simpa Energy India Private Ltd expand its off-grid solar home system service to underserved markets in rural India.
ADB supports India’s vision of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth. The latest Development Effectiveness Brief captures the core of ADB's operations in India and showcases select interventions that are helping the government achieve its development goals.
ADB assistance to India has matured over the years to support the Government of India’s evolving priorities. ADB’s country partnership strategy, 2013-2017 for India aims to support the government’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan priorities of “faster, more inclusive, and sustainable growth.” In line with the government’s guiding principle that multilateral development partners add value beyond tangible investments, ADB builds in innovations and best practices in project design and implementation.
Projects in India
- Khadi Reform and Development Program
- Uttarakhand Urban Sector Development Investment Program - Project 1
- Climate Adaptation through Sub-Basin Development Investment Program
- Agribusiness Infrastructure Development Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Uttarakhand Urban Sector Development Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission and Distribution System Improvement Project
- Supporting an Initiative for Mainstreaming Public-Private Partnerships for Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas
- MFF - Uttarakhand State-Road Investment Program (Subproject 2)
- Preparing the Bond Guarantee Fund for India
- MFF - Madhya Pradesh Power Sector Investment Program - Project 5