India and ADB
In the Spotlight
The shareholders of TAPI Pipeline Company Limited have agreed on their respective shareholding percentages and initialed the Shareholders Agreement. TAPI Company Limited will build, finance, own and operate the planned 1,600 kilometer Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) natural gas pipeline.
ADB is to help finance increased transmission capacity of a cross-border electricity link between India and Bangladesh allowing Bangladesh to better meet sharply rising power demand and support increased power exchanges across South Asia.
An economic slowdown in industrial countries, a weak monsoon, and stalled action on some key structural reforms will see India’s growth for the current fiscal year fall short of earlier estimates, but still remain robust, says a new ADB report.
ADB supports India’s vision of faster, inclusive, and sustainable growth. The latest Development Effectiveness Brief captures the core of ADB's operations in India and showcases select interventions that are helping the government achieve its development goals.
ADB assistance to India has matured over the years to support the Government of India’s evolving priorities. ADB’s country partnership strategy, 2013-2017 for India aims to support the government’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan priorities of “faster, more inclusive, and sustainable growth.” In line with the government’s guiding principle that multilateral development partners add value beyond tangible investments, ADB builds in innovations and best practices in project design and implementation.
Projects in India
- Khadi Reform and Development Program
- Development of the International Center for Application of Solar Energy Technologies
- MFF -National Capital Region Urban Infrastructure Financing Facility -Tranche 1
- Madhya Pradesh State Roads Project III
- Assam Power Sector Enhancement Investment Program - Tranche 1
- Supporting an Initiative for Mainstreaming Public-Private Partnerships for Providing Urban Amenities in Rural Areas
- MFF - Uttarakhand State-Road Investment Program (Subproject 2)
- Preparing the Bond Guarantee Fund for India
- MFF - Madhya Pradesh Power Sector Investment Program - Project 5
- Advanced Project Preparedness for Poverty Reduction - State Road Projects (Subproject 20)