- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
24 Jul 2014
Asia’s governments must make tough choices in energy investments that can provide affordable energy while meeting pressing environmental objectives, especially on climate change, says a study by ADB's Independent Evaluation Department.
18 Jul 2014
Developing Asia remains on track toward steady growth in 2014 despite slower-than-expected growth in the United States in the first quarter, says a new ADB report.
3 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million loan to help India’s northeastern Assam state continue its drive to eliminate power sector inefficiencies that are hurting its consumers, its world-famous tea industry, and its environment.
3 Jul 2014
ADB has made an equity investment of $50 million in a leading Indian renewable energy company ReNew Power Ventures Private Limited (ReNew Power), underscoring ADB’s commitment to help India meet its clean energy targets.
2 Jul 2014
A Rs.100 million equity investment from ADB will enable Hippocampus Learning Centers (HLC) to expand its preschool programs to over 700 villages in Karnataka by 2016.
2 Jul 2014
German development bank KfW will cofinance up to $2 billion over three years with ADB to promote development in the Asia and Pacific region, particularly in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, and Viet Nam. The KfW cofinancing will focus on energy, urban infrastructure, climate change, small and medium enterprise financing, vocational training, and regional integration.
29 May 2014
ADB and the Government of India today signed a $176 million loan that will fund the extension of Jaipur’s first metro train line. Extending the line will reduce both congestion and pollution in the fast-growing Indian heritage city.
21 Apr 2014
ADB approved $21.02 billion in financing operations last year, according to ADB’s 2013 Annual Report, released ahead of its 47th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors to be held 2–5 May in Astana, Kazakhstan.
1 Apr 2014
Developing Asia will extend its steady economic growth in 2014 as higher demand from recovering advanced economies will be dampened somewhat by moderating growth in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), says a new ADB report.
1 Apr 2014
Widening income gaps are undermining decades of successful poverty reduction in developing Asia, meaning governments should proactively use fiscal policy to close gaps and promote more inclusive growth, says a new ADB report.