- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
1 Apr 2011
ADB is extending up to $250 million for a metro rail system in Bangalore that will bring substantial economic and environmental benefits to the fast-growing city.
21 Mar 2011
ADB and the Government of Japan are promoting greater access to clean energy for poor rural women in South Asia.
10 Mar 2011
ADB is extending a $300 million loan for road improvements that will lead to new economic opportunities and improve access to essential services in Madhya Pradesh, one of India's poorest states.
14 Jan 2011
With its rapidly growing electricity demand, ample land availability and strong government commitment to sustainable economic growth, India can play a leading role in generating solar energy in the Asia and Pacific region, ADB's Director General for South Asia said today.
29 Nov 2010
ADB will extend $315 million to the government of Karnataka state in India for a major overhaul of the overburdened state highway system, which will help spur new economic growth and livelihood opportunities.
29 Nov 2010
ADB will increase support for clean energy development with an injection of up to $40 million in two new private equity funds that will target investments in promising green companies and projects across the region.
24 Nov 2010
ADB today signed a joint venture agreement with India's NTPC Ltd. and Kyushu Electric Power Company of Japan to develop and operate 500 megawatts of renewable energy projects in India in the next three years.
20 Oct 2010
The Indian state of Bihar will receive $132 million from ADB for electricity system upgrades that will help spur growth in one of the country's poorest and most populous states.
20 Oct 2010
India's Assam state will receive ADB assistance to combat flooding and erosion, which regularly cause large economic losses and social upheaval in one of the country's poorest regions.
29 Sep 2010
ADB is extending up to $250 million to help India develop its tourism sector into a driver of sustainable and inclusive economic growth.