Indonesia: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Microfinance in Indonesia: Bringing Banks into the CommunityA microfinance program in Indonesia's North Sumatra is helping people outside of the financial system overcome their fear of banking and expand their small businesses.
Equity Investment in Asia Environmental Partners IIAsia Environmental Partners II is a $300 million regional fund focused on growth opportunities in renewable energy, waste management and recycling services, water management, energy efficiency, pollution control, and low-carbon consumer products in the People’s Republic of China, India, and Southeast Asia.
Building Roads and a Community Spirit in Indonesia's Lampung ProvinceOn the Indonesian island of Sumatra, constructing a rural road became the opportunity for a rural community to develop the local economy and take charge of its own future.
Master Meter Program for Communal Water Connection in Urban Poor Community in JakartaThe overall objective of the PDA is to demonstrate the concept of master meter program as an alternative approach to increasing the access of urban poor communities to improved water supply. The PDA aims to connect a minimum of 550 houses through a communal water connection in six master meters distribution system within four project locations; facilitate the establishment and capacity building of community-based organization (CBO) particularly to ensure their role and function as owners of the new assets on maintaining the operation and conduct regular maintenance; and, identify with CBO the optimum operational system, which could be by CBO or outsourced to private operator (on a ‘leasing’ arrangement).
Indonesia: Community-Driven Project Empowers WomenA project in Indonesia opens livelihood opportunities for women and encourages their participation in community development.
Linking Vocational Education to Better Jobs in IndonesiaAn ADB-supported project in Indonesia is helping people get the skills needed to find well-paying jobs.
Indonesian Environment Protection: Rallying for the ReefsThe Indonesia archipelago is home to the world’s most spectacular and biologically diverse coral reefs. ADB is working to preserve the reefs, and the fish (and people) that depend on them for survival.
Indonesia: Vocational Skills and Job TrainingAligning the course work at Indonesia’s vocational schools with the needs of industry is resulting in better job opportunities for students.
Indonesian Government Reform and Public ServicesA district in Central Java has made itself a model of bureaucratic reform, employing training courses and e-government to vastly improve the efficiency and inclusiveness of public services.
Vocational and Technical Education in IndonesiaA project supporting Indonesia's vocational and technical education system helps students from low-income families achieve their career goals.
- Community-Focused Investments to Address Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Sustainable Energy Access in Eastern Indonesia-Electricity Grid Development Program (formerly Electricity Grid Strengthening Program, Java Bali)
- Flood Management in Selected River Basins Sector Project
- Sustainable Energy Access in Eastern Indonesia-Power Sector Generation Program (formerly: Eastern Indonesia Sustainable Energy Access Sector Project)
- Tangguh LNG Expansion Project
- Sustainable Infrastructure Assistance Program-Strengthening Verification in Results-Based Programs in Indonesia's Power Sector (Subproject 8)
- Sustainable Infrastructure Assistance Program - Improving Multimodal Connectivity to Support Integrated Land and Sea Tollway (Subproject 7)
- Sustainable Infrastructure Assistance Program - Strengthening Fiscal Risk Management of Accelerated Infrastructure Delivery (Subproject 9)
- Eastern Indonesia Sustainable Energy Access Sector Project
- Enhancing the Regulatory Framework of Financial Sector Development and Oversight