Kyrgyz Republic and ADB
In the Spotlight
Get the latest statistical data on poverty and socioeconomic development in the Kyrgyz Republic and compare poverty indicators among countries in Central and West Asia.
As small and medium-sized businesses in the Kyrgyz Republic face an economic downturn, mobile phone technology and local banks are making access to finance easier.
ADB has signed a $1 billion framework agreement with the Eurasian Development Bank to expand cofinancing activities in Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan. The agreement was signed by ADB President Takehiko Nakao and EDB Chairman Dmitry Pankin.
ADB has been among the top development partners of the Kyrgyz Republic, playing a key role in road transport, education, the finance sector, and agriculture and rural development.
In recent years, the Kyrgyz Republic has maintained a strong development agenda to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth.
With the support of ADB, the government has sought to reform legal and regulatory frameworks, improve the country’s business environment, make affordable finance available to all, improve the reliability of electricity services, and allow the people to become more employable.
The ADB country partnership strategy (CPS), 2013-2017 supports the objectives of the Kyrgyz Republic’s National Sustainable Development Strategy, 2013-2017, aiming to remove key constraints to growth and expand access to economic opportunities.
Projects in Kyrgyz Republic
- Accession to the Eurasian Economic Union—Capturing the Opportunities and Addressing the Risks
- Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 2 Project
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project Design Advance
- Senior Unsecured Loan to Bai Tushum Bank for Broadening Access to Finance
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project
- Toktogul Rehabilitation Project Phase 2
- Second Investment Climate Improvement Program (Subprogram 1)
- Grant 0153/Loan 2533-KGZ: CAREC Transport Corridor I (Bishkek-Torugart Road) Project 2
- Strengthening the Education System Sector Development Program
- Support for Strategic Assessment of the Kyrgyz Economy to Promote Inclusive Growth
Population living below the national poverty line in Kyrgyz Republic (2014)
Maternal mortality ratio in Kyrgyz Republic, per 100,000 live births (2015)
Population in Kyrgyz Republic, in millions (2015)
Average annual population growth rate in Kyrgyz Republic (2010-2015)