ADB-Marshall Islands Partnership Strategy
The country operations business plan (COBP), 2015-2017 for the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) is consistent with the Pacific Approach 2010-2014, and ADB's Midterm Review of Strategy 2020. The Pacific Approach serves as the country partnership strategy for the RMI.
The COBP has three areas of strategic focus relevant to the medium-term development of the RMI:
- macroeconomic and fiscal management,
- human capacity development, and
- infrastructure development.
The 3-year rolling national strategic plan (NSP), 2015-2017 guided the formulation of the COBP and the assistance pipeline. The NSP was approved in May 2014 and presented at the second development partners’ forum in August 2014. The objective of the NSP is sustainable, equitable, and measurable development reflecting the priorities and culture of the Marshallese people. The five NSP priority sectors are:
- social development;
- environment, climate change, and resiliency;
- infrastructure development;
- sustainable economic development; and
- good governance.
Country Operations Business Plans
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2015-2017)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2012-2014)
- Marshall Islands: Country Operations Business Plan (2010-2012)
Country Partnership Strategies
Country Partnership Strategy Updates
Regional Cooperation Strategy and Programs
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2014-2016)
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2013-2015)
- Pacific: Regional Operations Business Plan (2010-2013)
- ADB's Approach to Assisting the Pacific (2010-2014)
- Working in Fragile Environments: A Midterm Review of the Pacific Strategy (2005–2009)
The Public Communications Policy (PCP) recognizes that transparency and accountability are essential to development effectiveness. It establishes the disclosure requirements for documents and information ADB produces or requires to be produced.
The Accountability Mechanism provides a forum where people adversely affected by ADB-assisted projects can voice and seek solutions to their problems and report alleged noncompliance of ADB's operational policies and procedures.