- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
9 Nov 2006
Donors this week called for reforms to be stepped up in the Federated States of Micronesia to assure greater progress in future assistance programs.
15 May 2006
ADB has strengthened its long-term commitment to the Pacific region by partnering with the Australian Government to boost a private sector development initiative in the region.
6 Apr 2006
As a group, ADB’s 14 Pacific developing member countries are forecast to grow 2.9% in 2006 and 3% in 2007 on generally favorable conditions for exports, tourism, remittances from overseas workers, and trust funds, according to a major ADB report released today. The Pacific economies grew 2.7% in 2005.
11 Nov 2005
ADB will help stem the spread and effects of HIV/AIDS in small Pacific islands through a new grant of US$8 million.
17 Oct 2005
Strengthening governance and creating economic opportunities are the two challenges that Pacific Islands Forum leaders must prioritize when they meet in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, later this month, according to a senior ADB official.
30 Sep 2005
Asia and Pacific governments and businesses need to tackle corruption more aggressively to reduce growing social inequality and sustain economic growth.
30 Sep 2005
One third of public investment is being lost through corruption in Asia and the Pacific, an ADB Vice-President told a major conference in Beijing.
22 Sep 2005
ADB will help boost aviation safety and security in the Pacific, through a loan and technical assistance package approved today totaling US$1.95 million to complete the setting up of a Pacific Aviation Safety Office.
16 Sep 2005
ADB President Haruhiko Kuroda said today that the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), a series of global developments targets, could not be achieved unless they are met in the Asia and Pacific region.
14 Sep 2005
ADB will focus on ensuring the effective implementation of its ongoing projects in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), according to a Country Strategy and Program (CSP) Update for 2006-2007 endorsed by its Board of Directors.