- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
21 Jan 2014
ADB Vice President Wencai Zhang today ended a two-day visit to Sri Lanka during which he met with government officials and visited ADB-funded flagship projects including Colombo Port, the Southern Expressway, and a school in Galle district.
11 Dec 2013
An improving growth outlook in Japan and the United States paired with stronger-than-expected performance in the People’s Republic of China support a steady growth outlook for developing Asia, says a new ADB report.
14 Oct 2013
Cross-border power exchanges can play a central role in helping Asia and the Pacific meet its booming demand for power, which is set to sharply outpace the rest of the world’s over the next two decades, says a comprehensive new report from ADB.
2 Oct 2013
Asia and the Pacific's economic gains must be matched by stepped-up efforts on governance so that growth benefits can be more evenly shared and development progress locked in, says a new ADB report.
2 Oct 2013
Softer than expected economic activity in the People’s Republic of China and India and jitters over the United States quantitative easing program will weigh on Asia and the Pacific’s growth prospects in the near term, says a new ADB report.
30 Sep 2013
ADB has approved a $88 million loan to the Sri Lankan government for phase two of the Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program.
23 Sep 2013
ADB's Board of Directors has approved a $75 million loan to the Sri Lankan government for its Southern Road Connectivity Project which will enable a smoother flow of people and freight between the Southern region and the commercial capital of Colombo.
21 Aug 2013
ADB's Sri Lanka Country Director, Rita O'Sullivan, and Secretary to the Treasury and Alternate Governor for Sri Lanka in ADB, P. B. Jayasundera, have signed an agreement for a $200 million loan to help the Government of Sri Lanka revamp its secondary school system to cut youth unemployment and meet the country's urgent need for a skilled workforce.
21 Aug 2013
Industrialization must be an essential part of the growth formula if Asian countries want to prosper and avoid the middle income trap, says a new ADB report.
5 Aug 2013
The newly expanded Colombo Port formally opened for business today, a move that will allow Sri Lanka to regain its role as a leading South Asia trans-shipment hub.