Viet Nam: Projects and Results
Latest Project Results and Case Studies
Viet Nam’s Expressway to EverywhereFrom the roadside cafes to the upscale resorts, a journey down Viet Nam’s longest highway illustrates the widespread impact of a single new road.
Modern Medicine Reaches Ethnic Communities in Viet Nam’s Central HighlandsADB-supported interventions in Viet Nam’s Central Highlands have significantly improved people’s well-being and access to medical help, reduced infant mortality, and inspired the government in its quest for universal health care coverage.
Equity Investment in Asia Environmental Partners IIAsia Environmental Partners II is a $300 million regional fund focused on growth opportunities in renewable energy, waste management and recycling services, water management, energy efficiency, pollution control, and low-carbon consumer products in the People’s Republic of China, India, and Southeast Asia.
Tourism Boom Fuels Business Opportunities in Mekong SubregionADB has helped turn former war-torn Greater Mekong Subregion countries of Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Viet Nam into a booming tourist destination.
Investing in Irrigation Improves Agricultural Yields in North Viet NamThree irrigation systems developed in Viet Nam’s Red River Delta with assistance from ADB and Agence Française de Développement (AFD) have helped improve the livelihood of farming communities.
Viet Nam: Increasing Girls' Access to Lower Secondary Education in the Most Disadvantaged Regions - 2013The Lower Secondary Education for the Most Disadvantaged Regions Project, approved in 2007, aimed at improving the net enrollment rate in lower secondary education, particularly for ethnic minorities and girls, in 103 of the most disadvantaged districts in 17 target provinces in Viet Nam.
Viet Nam's Song Bung 4 Hydropower: Health Care and EducationA hydropower energy project in Central Viet Nam has disrupted the lives of an isolated ethnic minority, but offers better health care and educational opportunities for a bright future.
Viet Nam's Song Bung 4 Hydropower: Impact on WomenThough the Song Bung 4 hydropower dam and energy project relocated Co Tu minority in Viet Nam’s central region, it also offered new income opportunities and empowered local women.
Bringing Clean Water to the Highlands of Viet NamFrom clean tap water to new canals, a development project brings liquid relief to the rural poor in Viet Nam.
Viet Nam: Central Region Livelihood Improvement Project - 2012An integrated, participatory rural development project improves incomes and delivers critical infrastructure and training to women and members of ethnic minority communities in remote upland areas.
- VIE: Second Northern Greater Mekong Subregion Transport Network Improvement (Additional Financing)
- Ha Noi Metro Line Sysem Project (Line 3: Nhon-Hanoi Station Section) Additional Financing
- Second Health Human Resources Sector Development Program
- Power Transmission Investment Program - Tranche 3
- Secondary Cities Development Program (Green Cities)
- Second Lower Secondary Education for the Most Disadvantaged Areas Project
- Water Sector Investment Program - Tranche 3
- Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City Power Grid Development Sector Project
- Greater Mekong Subregion Tourism Infrastructure for Inclusive Growth Project
- Sustainable Urban Transport for Ho Chi Minh Mass Rapid Transit Line 2