ADB Accountability Mechanism: Annual Report 2012
The new Accountability Mechanism became effective on 24 May 2012 after a full-scale review of the 2003 version. The review resulted in clearer and closer collaboration between the functions of problem solving - handled by the Office of the Special Project Facilitator (OSPF) - and those of compliance review by the Office of the Compliance Review Panel (OCRP).
This report marks the first joint Accountability Mechanism Annual Report of the OSPF and OCRP in the spirit of promoting synergy in the new Accountability Mechanism. It outlines complaint-related activities of the OSPF and OCRP in 2012 and touches on its outreach and the information-sharing initiatives of the new Accountability Mechanism.
ADB's Accountability Mechanism allows persons affected by ADB-assisted projects to submit complaints about harm resulting from those projects. It is guided by the principles of:
- responsiveness to project-affected persons' concerns;
- fairness to all stakeholders;
- independence and transparency;
- cost effectiveness and efficiency; and
- complementing other ADB systems (including supervision, audit, and quality control).
- The Accountability Mechanism
- Problem Solving and Compliance Reviews
- Monitoring of Recommendations and Lessons Learned
- Outreach and Information Sharing
- Looking Forward