Development Effectiveness Report 2010: Private Sector Operations
This report reviews how the Private Sector Operations Department has fared in promoting ADB's overall development agenda.
The private sector is regarded as a major contributor to economic growth through investments, new technologies, knowledge transfer, and enhanced productivity, as well as through the creation of jobs and income. This is particularly true in Asia and the Pacific, where much of the recent success in reducing poverty has been due to robust economic growth stimulated by the private sector. The Private Sector Operations Department of the Asian Development Bank promotes growth by providing direct assistance to the private sector.
This report reviews how the Private Sector Operations Department has fared in promoting ADB's overall development agenda. The report features the direct and indirect impact of ADB's private sector investments. It reflects on the value added of ADB's assistance, highlighting performance trends and identifying actions required to improve results.
- Private Sector Operations Highlights 2010
- Executive Summary
- Contribution of Private Sector Operations to ADB's Strategic and Development Priorities
- Development Outputs and Outcomes of Private Sector Operations
- Contribution to the Economic and Social Development of the Region
- Operational Effectiveness
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Conclusions and Actions Going Forward