Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Cooperation Program: GMS Assistance Plan (2001-2003)
The Assistance Plan describes the planned program of ADB assistance for the Greater Mekong Subregion covering the 3-year period 2001–2003.
The Greater Mekong Subregion Assistance Plan (GMAP) includes loan and technical assistance projects, as well as possible cofinancing from other donors. ADB prepared the GMAP between April and June 2000, in close consultation with the governments of Cambodia, People's Republic of China (Yunnan Province), Lao People's Democratic Republic, Thailand, and Viet Nam, and other stakeholders, including nongovernment organizations. The assistance plan was discussed with the Board of Directors in October 2000. The plan described in the GMAP is only indicative and may be revised to reflect more recent developments.
- Background and Rationale
- Economic and Social Trends
- Program Review - Lessons Learned
- Strategic Directions of the GMS Program for 2001-2003
- Sector Priorities and Proposed Program for 2001-2003
- ADB's Operational Program
- Coordination with Donor Agencies and Regional Institutions
- Cofinancing and Catalyzing External Resources