Handbook on Poverty and Social Analysis: A Working Document
This handbook is designed to help Asian Development Bank (ADB) staff, government officers, consultants, project sponsors/borrowers, and other stakeholders to effectively address the poverty and social dimensions of ADB's operations.
This handbook is intended to help professionals involved in programming, preparing, and implementing activities financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to effectively address the poverty and social dimensions of ADB's operations aligned with Strategy 2020's inclusive growth agenda, thereby enhancing ADB's efforts to reduce poverty in Asia and the Pacific.
Guidance is provided in three main areas of ADB operations:
- regional and country programming,
- project conceptualization and design, and
- project implementation.
The handbook does not introduce any new or additional policy or procedural requirements. Rather, it provides a road map to specific ADB policies, strategies, and procedures related to poverty reduction and inclusive development.
This handbook complements other ADB sourcebooks and guides on participation, involuntary resettlement and indigenous peoples, and sector-specific gender checklists.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Development in ADB Operations
- Poverty and Social Analysis in Country Partnership Strategies
- Poverty and Social Analysis in Project Concept Stage
- Poverty and Social Analysis in Project Design
- Poverty and Social Dimensions in Project Implementation
- Selected References