Kyrgyz Republic: Country Operational Strategy
This document outlines the operational strategy of ADB in Kyrgyz Republic.
In 2001 the Country Operational Strategy Study (COSS) was replaced by the Country Strategy and Program. Effective August 2006, the Country Strategy and Program was renamed Country Partnership Strategy.
The COSS was the primary country-specific document in ADB's planning and programming cycle. It is prepared in close consultation with developing member countries - DMCs, and other aid agencies.
The COSS is anchored on strong sectoral analysis. It
- provides the basis for determining ADB's country-specific, thematic, and sectoral priorities
- provides a framework for country performance review
- identifies and describes the distinctive role of ADB in the DMC in the context of the ADB's strategic objectives and the development priorities of the DMC
- facilitates ADB's decisions regarding choices in its operational program in the DMC
- provides the strategic framework to guide the preparation of the Country Assistance Plans
The COSS is usually prepared once every three years and is revised, as necessary, in the last quarter of a year for guiding the succeeding year's operational decisions.
- Country Performance Indicators
- Executive Summary
- Economic Performance
- Development Issues and Key Policy Concerns
- The Development Strategy of the Government
- The Role for the Bank