Selected Technical Assistance for Fiscal Management and Tax Administration in India
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has had a special interest in fiscal management in India since the mid-1990s, which is reflected in its country strategy. India's fiscal deficits have been among the highest in the world, underscoring the importance of adequate fiscal management. This technical assistance (TA) performance audit report concentrates on six TAs in improving fiscal management and tax administration in India from 1996 to 2003.
- TA 2362-IND: Improvement of State Sales Tax Structure and Administration
- TA 2432-IND: Capacity Building of Income Tax Administration
- TA 2668-IND: Gujarat's Reform of Public Finances
- TA 2943-IND: Support for the Government of Madhya Pradesh Public Finance Reform and Institutional Strengthening
- TA 3576-IND: Supporting Fiscal Reforms in Kerala
- TA 3856-IND: Value-Added Tax