Social Protection Operational Plan 2014−2020
This operational plan provides strategic directions for ADB's support to its developing members to strengthen social protection systems.
The Social Protection Operational Plan (SPOP) 2014–2020 provides strategic directions for ADB's support to its developing members to strengthen social protection systems.
This operational plan was prepared to provide direction for ADB’s social protection-related assistance to ADB's developing members in financing, knowledge solutions, capacity building, and partnership activities.
The purpose of the SPOP is to operationalize the social protection pillar of the inclusive growth agenda of ADB's long-term Strategy 2020.
The SPOP draws upon a comprehensive assessment of ADB's operational activities supporting social protection since 1996, findings of the 2012 Independent Evaluation Department special evaluation study on the Social Protection Strategy, and a series of consultations with ADB staff.
The SPOP proposes five priority areas for action between 2014 and 2020:
- continued development of ADB-financed social protection projects;
- active identification of opportunities to integrate social protection into projects, particularly in the education, finance, health, and public management sectors;
- support to capacity building and policy, and knowledge sharing;
- cultivation of partnerships and South–South cooperation; and
- monitoring and reporting on social protection programs and trends in Asia and the Pacific.
- Executive Summary
- Implementation Plan
- Social Protection Operational Plan Monitoring and Reporting