User's Guide to Procurement of Goods
This publication guides ADB borrowers on how to prepare a bidding document for supply contract, and how to evaluate bids and award contracts.
The information in this guide is based on ADB’s Standard Bidding Document (SBD) for the Procurement of Goods, which is available for a Single-Stage bidding procedure. It covers the two types of SBDs for procurement of goods and related services.
The SBD has been designed to
- simplify the Purchaser’s preparation of a specific Bidding Document for procurement of goods and related services,
- reduce bidders’ bidding time and effort,
- facilitate and simplify the Purchaser’s evaluation and comparison of bids and contract award, and
- minimize ADB’s time required for the prior review of the Bidding Document.
This guide also includes a section on how to prepare the Invitation for Bids.
- The Bidding Process
- Bidding Procedures
- Invitation for Bids
- Instructions to Bidders
- Bid Data Sheet
- Evaluation and Qualification Criteria
- Bidding Forms
- Eligible Countries
- Schedule of Supply
- General Conditions of Contract
- Special Conditions of Contract
- Contract Forms