Uzbekistan: Country Gender Assessment
This Country Gender Assessment (CGAs) for Uzbekistan provides background information and analysis on gender and development issues in the country.
This report is one of a series of country gender assessments undertaken by ADB to provide background information and analysis on gender and development issues in developing member countries. The primary purpose of the series is to provide input to the formulation of country strategies and programs and project design and implementation. This gender assessment for Uzbekistan updates information contained in an earlier publication, the Country Briefing Paper on the Women of the Republic of Uzbekistan, published by ADB in February 2001.
- Executive Summary
- Background and Development Context
- Gender and Poverty in Uzbekistan
- Government Response and International Commitments
- Gender and Employment
- Gender, Productive Assets, and Access to Social Protection
- Gender Dimensions of Human Development
- Further Gender Equality Concerns
- National Legal, Policy, and Institutional Framework for Promoting Gender Equality
- Summary of Emerging Gender Issues
- Addressing Key Gender Issues in Ongoing and Planned ADB Projects