The conference will take stock of the latest developments within Chinese trade and the impact on companies and financiers alike, while also considering the implications for the wider regional and global export market.
ADB is an institutional partner in the conference. Steven Beck, Head of Trade Finance at ADB, will be speaking at this event.
The gathering will highlight a number of key themes, including concerns over a potential growth 'slowdown', the role of the People's Republic of China (the PRC) in driving other 'tiger economies', increasing internationalization of RMB settlement and the latest trends in corporate financing needs.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Considering the perceived slowdown in exports: Is this likely to continue?
- Examining trends in corporate financing across a range of sectors
- Currency issues and the growing internationalisation of RMB settlement
- The changing face of factoring in the Chinese market
- Holding firm: The increasing importance of ECA-backed finance
- Are more companies now turning towards supply chain finance?
- Case study: Non-bank sources of trade finance
- The PRC's role in the Latin American success story
- Structuring cross-border PRC trade finance transactions
- Perspectives on the trade credit and political risk insurance markets
- Outlining the challenges for the PRC's iron ore import market in 2012
- Examining new roles in a changing global landscape