- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
8th Network of Asian River Basin Organizations Training on Integrated Water Resources Management
The Network of Asian River Basin Organizations (NARBO) is committed to providing high-quality capacity development on integrated water resources management. Established in February 2004, NARBO aims to strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of river basin organizations in promoting IWRM and improving water governance, through training and exchange of information and experiences among river basin organizations and their associated water sector agencies and knowledge partner organizations.
The 8th NARBO Training on integrated water resources management will focus on the Mahaweli river basin, which embodies many water resources and water services issues common to river basin management throughout Asia. Using a mix of participatory and trans-disciplinary case studies, the program will develop capacity water resources management practitioners to better apply integrated water resources management approaches at the basin-scale.
NARBO is supported by the ADB, ADBI, Japan Water Agency (JWA), and the Center for River Basin Organizations and Management (CRBOM).
The training aims to help river basin managers understand, introduce, implement and improve integrated water resources management in their respective river basins, based on the integrated water resources management spiral model.
The Mahaweli Authority of Sri Lanka is organizing the event.
Water professionals working at middle-management level in river basin organizations or government agencies responsible for water resources or river basin management will be invited.
At least 25 water professionals trained on integrated water resources management .