The training workshops aim to build knowledge and understanding of technical staff of ADB and its developing member countries in clean energy policy, project design and development of technologies based on the International Energy Agency's (IEA) Energy Technology Perspectives 2012, smart grids and wind energy.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- built deeper understanding of the policy and technical requirements for the development of smart grid and wind energy technologies;
- acquired knowledge on IEA's Energy Technology Perspective 2012; and,
- learned practical approaches to smart grid and wind energy project development.
Participation is by invitation only.
- Technical staff of generation, transmission and/or distribution companies from ADB developing member countries
- ADB energy, infrastructure and climate change specialists
- Industry players in smart grid and wind energy sectors
- David Elzinga, Energy Analyst, IEA
- Alex Murley, Energy Analyst, IEA
- Marie-Laetitia Gourdin, Energy Analyst, IEA
- Yerim Park, Programme Officer for Southeast Asia, IEA
- Hugo Chandler, Consultant, IEA
- Woohyun Hwang, Korea Electric Power Corporation