This workshop brings together senior officials from ADB developing member countries (DMCs) to discuss the potential of Inland Waterway Transport (IWT) based on experience from the developments in the PRC and other countries, and identify potential IWT projects in the selected DMCs.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- learnt the issues encountered in developing IWT in Europe and the US, and how they were resolved;
- understood the problems and potential solutions for IWT development on the Mekong River;
- gained an insight on inland shipping in the PRC;
- gained awareness of sustainability and intermodal connectivity issues of IWT systems; and
- familiarized themselves with ADB's role in IWT development.
- Identification of problems regarding IWT in the DMCs;
- Identification of potential IWT projects in selected DMCs.
Participation is by invitation only:
- 2 senior level officials from 10 DMCs.