The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) will co-host a panel discussion of leading trade experts to analyze the latest developments in trade negotiations as well as to provide an overview of the latest economic research on the topic. The panel discussion will be chaired by Naoyuki Yoshino, Dean, ADBI. Short presentations by the following panelists will be followed by panel discussions and a Q&A session.
- Timo Hammaren, European Commission, Tokyo Delegation, Head of the Trade Section
- Tomohiro Kaneko, Principal Director, Multilateral Trade System Department, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
- Kazuyuki Kinbara, Director, International Economic Affairs Bureau, Japan Business Federation (Nippon Keidanren)
- Michitaka Nakatomi, Consulting Fellow, RIETI
- Shujiro Urata, Faculty Felow, RIETI/Professor, Waseda University
- Ganeshan Wignaraja, Research Director, ADBI