Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 1 July - 30 September 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2: Youth Video Competition ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe AIF2: Youth Video Competition is inviting budding filmmakers, ages 18 to 30, to sumbit a video of up to 3-minutes on the theme "Who's growing tomorrow's food?"
- 9 - 10 September 2015 20th Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Ministerial Conference Nay Pyi Taw, MyanmarThis annual meeting of GMS Ministers aims to provide policy direction and oversee the progress in identifying and implementing "results-oriented" subregional cooperation initiatives.
- 10 September 2015 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission Jakarta, Indonesia (specific venue to be announced)ADB invites you to recruitment event in Jakarta on 10 September 2015. ADB’s Human Resources Team will visit Jakarta to showcase ADB’s work and career opportunities.
- 11 September 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Developing the EU Transport Infrastructure Network: Strategy, Challenges and Opportunities ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIn his lecture he will provide an overview of the recent trends in improving the transport infrastructure network in the EU.
- 15 - 16 September 2015 Evaluation Learning Event: Think Sustainable, Act Responsible ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThink Sustainable, Act Responsible will be anchored in a range of recent thematic studies including those on inclusive growth, climate change finance, governance and the mid-term review of Strategy 2020, ADB’s corporate framework.
- 17 - 18 September 2015 Global Seminar on Disaster Risk Financing Sasana Kijang, Kuala LumpurThis event aims to establish a framework for the development of disaster risk financing strategies for the improvement of disaster risk transfer markets and tools.
- 5 - 16 October 2015 Developing Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Approaches, Methodologies and Controls for Nonbanking Financial Institutions – Workshop for Trainers ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThis workshop aims to strengthen the capacity of non-banking financial institutions to implement international standards in relation to anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT).
- 8 October 2015 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission: Bangkok, Thailand Bangkok, Thailand (specific venue to be announced)ADB’s Human Resources Team will visit Bangkok, Thailand on 8 October 2015 to showcase ADB’s work and career opportunities, and conduct interviews with pre-selected candidates.
- 24 - 25 October 2015 Central-Local Government Relations: Fiscal Sustainability Wuhan, PRCAnalyze mechanisms, promote fiscal decentralization and fiscal stability at local and national levels.
- 17 - 19 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe second Asian Irrigation Forum (AIF2) aims to highlight practical solutions in irrigation, identify scales of required investments and understand the future challenges posed by declining populations of irrigation practitioners.
- 25 - 26 November 2015 The Implications of a Possible PRC Growth Slowdown for Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis conference will provide an opportunity for experts in Asia to understand factors explaining the long-term slowdown of growth in advanced Asian economics.
- 3 December 2015 ADBI Annual Conference 2015: Global Uncertainty, Macroeconomic Shocks and Growth in Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanADBI’s annual conference will be dedicated to the outlook for growth in Asia and the Pacific. It will focus in particular on the implications for Asia and the Pacific of a possible economic slowdown in the PRC.
- 3 - 4 December 2015 Workshop: Macroeconomic Shocks and Economic Growth in Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis series of activities will gather together well-known scholars and experts on international macroeconomics and international finance, with a particular focus on macroeconomic shocks.
- 2 - 5 May 2016 Frankfurt 2016: 49th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Frankfurt, GermanyAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions.
- 4 September 2015 Future of Asia's Finance, from IMF's Vantage Point ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will present the new book "the Future of Asian Finance".
- 2 September 2015 Seminar: The PRC’s Strategic Move to a New Stage of Development: A Productivity Perspective ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar presents a paper adopting the Jorgensonian aggregate production possibility frontier (APPF) framework incorporating Domar weights to account for the industry origin of the PRC’s aggregate growth for the period 1980-2010.
- 2 - 3 September 2015 Seminar on Enhancing Financial Accessibility for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs): Lessons from National Practices on Improving Access to Finance in Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThis seminar aims to discuss national efforts to improving small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) access to finance and explore potential policy framework needed to scale up SME access to finance at the national and regional level.
- 26 - 27 August 2015 Economic Corridor Development for Competitive and Inclusive Asia Copthorne King's Hotel, SingaporeTraining focusing on improving regional interdependencies and enhancing regional competitiveness and inclusive growth through the development of economic corridors.
- 25 August 2015 World Water Week: Eye on Asia - Towards a Water Secure Asia Stockholm, SwedenBackground World Water Week, hosted and organized annually by the Stockholm International Water Institute, has been the global platform for water issues since 1991. This year, World Water Week will be on August 23-28, with the theme "Water and Development." "Eye on Asia," a day-long program of activities convened by ADB since 2008 as part of World Water Week, highlights current and emerging issues and challenges in the region's water sector, along with efforts of governments and development agencies to address them.
- 25 - 26 August 2015 The 11th East Asia Top Level Officials’ Meeting on Competition Policy and the 9th East Asia Conference on Competition Law and Policy Ho Chi Minh City, Viet NamThis event will provide a forum for discussion of issues related to competition law and policy in East Asia.
- 25 - 27 August 2015 External Support for Decentralization Reforms and Local Governance Systems in the Asia-Pacific: Better Performance, Higher Impact? ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesBackground
- 24 August 2015 Innovations in Public Services – Doing Things Differently ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesBackground
- 18 - 19 August 2015 Fourth Meeting of the Greater Mekong Subregion Task Force on Urban Development Nay Pyi Taw, MyanmarThe meeting will share among the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) countries perspectives on competitive cities along the GMS economic corridors.
- 12 - 13 August 2015 3rd Asian Youth Forum ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe 2015 Asian Youth Forum 3 theme is “Investing in Youth: Engagement, Education, Employment, and Entrepreneurship.”
- 7 August 2015 Adjusting to an Optimal Exchange Rate System Beijing, PRCADBI Dean Naoyuki Yoshino gave a presentation at the People’s Bank of China (PBC) in Beijing on 7 August.
- 6 August 2015 Japan's Lost Decade, SME Financing, and Infrastructure Investment Beijing, PRCADBI Dean Naoyuki Yoshino gave a presentation at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and he touched upon Japan “lost decade,” partly caused by an aging population, a low rate of return on capital investment.
- 4 August 2015 Seminar: Pacific Opportunities: Leveraging the Benefits of Asia’s Growth ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will analyze the opportunities for the Pacific region that arise from strong growth and economic transformation in Asia.
- 30 - 31 July 2015 The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Japan Project Meeting ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIt is hoped that this meeting will be able to identify issues and recommend policies that can support efforts of DMCs to achieve sustainable growth in the face of global economic and financial shocks.
- 29 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Liquidity Requirements, Liquidity Choice and Financial Stability ADBI, Tokyo, JapanSeminar by Anil Kashyap entitled, Liquidity requirements, liquidity choice and financial stability. The lecture will survey the existing work on liquidity regulation of banks and present a framework for discussing the regulation.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century.
- 22 July 2015 Seminar: Is Bank Home Bias Good or Bad for Public Debt Sustainability? ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis Seminar will analyze the implications of bank home bias for sovereign debt sustainability.
- 20 July 2015 Opportunities for SMEs in Pacific Economies to Secure Access to Finance Sydney, AustraliaPresentation on the ADBI/ADB report: “Pacific Opportunities” at the Lowy Institute (Sydney, Australia)
- 15 - 16 July 2015 2015 Pacific Update Conference: Pacific Development in a Changing Global Economy Suva, FijiPolicy dialogue for government officials and others on salient issues pertaining to Pacific economies.
- 10 July 2015 Asia Credit Rating Forum ADBI, Tokyo, JapanTo better understand the credit rating situation in developing countries in Asia and to develop appropriate recommendations to improve the current outcomes, ADBI and ACCRA jointly organize the “Asia Credit Rating Forum” in Tokyo.