Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 1 July - 30 September 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2: Youth Video Competition ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe AIF2: Youth Video Competition is inviting budding filmmakers, ages 18 to 30, to sumbit a video of up to 3-minutes on the theme "Who's growing tomorrow's food?"
- 6 July 2015 Seminar: Pay Attention or Pay Extra? Findings on Investor Compensation for the Implicit Credit Risk of Structured Products ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will discuss current investor compensation for the implicit credit risk of structure products.
- 6 July 2015 Global Economic Prospects (GEP): The Global Economy in Transition The World Bank Tokyo Development Learning Center, TokyoPresentation of the key findings of a new World Bank Report: Global Economic Prospects (GEP): The Global Economy in Transition.
- 7 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Regulations, Foreign Banks and Income Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will provide cross-country evidence that variations in bank regulatory policies result in differences in income distribution.
- 10 July 2015 Asia Credit Rating Forum ADBI, Tokyo, JapanTo better understand the credit rating situation in developing countries in Asia and to develop appropriate recommendations to improve the current outcomes, ADBI and ACCRA jointly organize the “Asia Credit Rating Forum” in Tokyo.
- 22 July 2015 Seminar: Is Bank Home Bias Good or Bad for Public Debt Sustainability? ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis Seminar will analyze the implications of bank home bias for sovereign debt sustainability.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century.
- 15 - 16 September 2015 Evaluation Learning Event: Think Sustainable, Act Responsible ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesDescription 2015 is the target date for achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and it has also been declared the International Year of Evaluation. These three milestones mean that 2015 will be a special year for the international development community at large and for the international evaluation community in particular.
- 17 - 19 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe second Asian Irrigation Forum (AIF2) aims to highlight practical solutions in irrigation, identify scales of required investments and understand the future challenges posed by declining populations of irrigation practitioners.
- 2 - 5 May 2016 Frankfurt 2016: 49th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Frankfurt, GermanyAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions.
- 22 June 2015 Seminar: ADB@50 - A history of ADB ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIn 2017, ADB will hold its 50th annual meeting and to mark the occasion, and to tell the story of ADB’s life and times during the transformation in the Asia-Pacific region, the ADB@50 team in Manila is preparing a book on the Bank.
- 18 - 19 June 2015 Conference on Regional Integration of Services in ASEAN Countries: Progress and Challenges Jakarta, IndonesiaThe policy dialogue is envisioned as a brainstorming session to discuss the current situation surrounding ASEAN services and policies through sharing knowledge, policy insights and experiences on services trade and integration issues.
- 15 June 2015 Seminar: Global Imbalances and Europe ADBI, Tokyo, JapanPurpose ADBI’s Seminar Series brings eminent persons to ADBI to encourage debate among policymakers, researchers, academics, think tanks, and other audiences interested in economic development challenges in the Asia and Pacific region.
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe tenth Asia Clean Energy Forum will share best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges.
- 11 June 2015 Seventh GMS Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-7) Kunming, People’s Republic of ChinaThe ECF-7 is being organized with the forward-looking results of ECF-6 and the fresh directives emanating from the 5th GMS Summit for an improved approach to GMS economic corridor development as it enters a new cycle.
- 10 - 11 June 2015 Tokyo Fiscal Forum: Fiscal Policy for Long-term Growth and Sustainability in Aging Societies Mita Conference Hall, Tokyo, JapanADBI-MOF/PRI-IMF/FAD Conference on Fiscal Policy to promote inclusive economic growth while maintaining fiscal sustainability and addressing Asia’s future challenges.
- 9 - 11 June 2015 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission Tokyo, JapanADB’s Human Resources Team will conduct an outreach mission to Tokyo, Japan to identify potential candidates with interest in international finance and development.
- 2 - 5 June 2015 Asia Regional Workshop on Public-Private Partnerships: Engaging the Private Sector ADBI, Tokyo, JapanCapacity building workshop to develop effective public-private partnerships to bring private sector funding and expertise into public infrastructure projects.
- 1 - 5 June 2015 ADB's Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe purpose of the Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program is to expand and improve the teaching of environmental law across Asia and the Pacific for a more effective development and enforcement of environmental law.
- 29 May 2015 Seminar: The Role of Standards for International Trade in Asian Economies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will address the role of technical standards for international trade in Asian economies.
- 29 May 2015 Credit Risk Analysis of SMEs Bangkok, ThailandPolicy dialogue to improve the capacity of policymakers to develop credit databases on SMEs to expand access to finance. Discussion of deposit insurance.
- 28 May 2015 Conference on the Impact and Financing of Infrastructure Investments in Asia and the Pacific Universiti Putra MalaysiaThe aim of the conference is to have a substantive discussion on the impact and financing of infrastructure investments in Asia and the Pacific among policy makers and key stakeholders.
- 26 May 2015 Seminar: Distributional Aspects of Structural Change and Growth ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will identify the incidence of structural change in economies and its relationship with income distribution.
- 25 - 27 May 2015 Workshop on Corruption Risks and Anti-Corruption Strategies in Climate Aid – Good Governance towards Integrity, Transparency, and Accountability in Achieving Objectives of Climate Mitigation and Adaptation ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will focus on corruption and climate aid, and discuss how corruption can be addressed most effectively with cases drawn from the actual climate aid flows and specific corruption examples in climate aid in the Philippines.
- 25 May 2015 Seminar: Global Liquidity Glut, Capital Controls and the Pretence of Knowledge in the PRC and the US ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will argue that following F. A. Hayek article published in The American Economic Review (1989) the use of capital controls is a 'Pretence of Knowledge' in two regards.
- 20 - 22 May 2015 Regional Seminar: Women's Employment, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment: Moving Forward on Imperfect Pathways Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, ThailandThe regional seminar will share evidence from research and operational good practices in promoting women's decent employment, entrepreneurship and empowerment.
- 20 - 22 May 2015 Third Asia Think Tank Summit: Inclusive Knowledge Partnerships for Development ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe 3rd Asia Think Tank Summit, co-hosted by ADB, the ADB Institute, and the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program of the University of Pennsylvania, will comprise panel discussions on best practices and innovative knowledge partnerships.
- 19 - 20 May 2015 Knowledge Partnership Forum on Innovation for Resilient and Smart Communities ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe forum is bringing together technology providers, city and community leaders, and ADB staff to exchange ideas on how knowledge partnerships can bolster the development of smart cities and communities.
- 18 May 2015 Seminar: Dynamics of Recent Economic and Political Developments in Sri Lanka ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will discuss current development challenges in Sri Lanka.
- 14 - 15 May 2015 Inception Workshop and Policy Dialogue: Housing Policies for Emerging Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe event, which is being organized as an inception workshop and policy dialogue, will bring together leading scholars and high-level policy makers to discuss housing policies and identify best-practices.