Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 27 - 29 July 2016 Startups and SMEs in Industrializing Asia Seoul, Republic of KoreaCourse-based training on how to develop effective SME policies, which are needed to stimulate SMEs in a highly integrated global business environment.
- 28 July 2016 Non-Tariff Measures in ASEAN ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will present and share new data and evidence on non-tariff measures in ASEAN.
- 29 July 2016 Rescaling Global Imbalances: Key Currency Zones and Renminbi Management ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will examine global imbalances by shifting the unit of analysis from nation to currency.
- 1 August 2016 The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Japan Project Meeting ADBI, TokyoThis activity will identify issues and recommend policies that can support developing member countries’ efforts to achieve sustainable growth in the face of global economic and financial shocks.
- 1 - 5 August 2016 Asia-Pacific Social Protection week (APSP 2016) ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe week-long event will also touch on emerging areas of social protection that are not yet widely discussed like social protection for informal workers and the role of ICT in social protection delivery.
- 4 August 2016 Eighth Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-8) Phnom Penh, CambodiaThe Eighth Economic Corridors Forum will discuss specific initiatives/interventions toward realizing the economic potentials of the GMS corridors.
- 5 August 2016 Costly Real Estate Bubbles? ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will present the impact of housing cycles on economic growth, using a new dataset that covers housing price information for 19 countries from the first quarter of 1975 to the third quarter of 2013.
- 8 August 2016 Uncovering Monetary Transmission Mechanisms in Low-Income Countries ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis lecture will present two competing explanations of the “weak” monetary policy transmission mechanisms in developing countries.
- 10 - 11 August 2016 Project Financing and Sustainable Development of Railway Infrastructure Bangkok, ThailandThe workshop will bring together experts and government officials to discuss project financing, railway infrastructure development, and regulatory reform.
- 10 - 12 August 2016 4th Asian Youth Forum ADB headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesDescription
- 23 - 24 August 2016 Global Shocks and the New Global and Regional Financial Architecture SingaporeThis activity is related to the thematic areas of regional cooperation and integration and the need to maintain financial stability and aims to guide the further development of regional financial institutions in Asia.
- 5 - 8 September 2016 Asian Evaluation Week 2016 Xi’an, People’s Republic of ChinaThe Asia Evaluation Week is the first annual event to be led by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and ADB for evaluation knowledge sharing within Asia and between Asia and other regions, such as Africa and Latin America.
- 6 - 7 September 2016 The 5th Water Loss Asia 2016 Conference and Exhibition Jakarta, IndonesiaWater Loss Asia 2016, returns as the authoritative platform for water professionals to discuss the issue of water loss management, a pertinent global challenge that demands solutions for today, and planning for tomorrow.
- 7 September 2016 2016 ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) Award Ceremony and Global Launch of ADB Trade Finance Gaps Study Raffles City Convention Centre, SingaporeADB's Trade Finance Program (TFP) will hold its second Annual TFP Awards Ceremony in recognition of the significant contribution of its partners in promoting trade finance in Asia and the Pacific region.
- 12 - 16 September 2016 ADB Transport Forum 2016 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe ADB Transport Forum is the premier gathering of sustainable transport professionals and experts, government officials and private sector leaders in Asia and the Pacific.
- 19 - 21 September 2016 2016 ADB International Skills Forum: Innovative Practices in Skills Development ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesADB hosts the 6th annual International Skills Development Forum on 19-21 September 2016 in ADB headquarters, Manila, Philippines.
- 24 - 28 October 2016 Singapore International Energy Week 2016 Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, SingaporeSIEW brings together the world’s leading conferences, exhibitions, workshops and networking events from across the energy spectrum of oil & gas, clean and renewable energy and financing - in one week, in one location.
- 15 - 16 November 2016 Aging in Asia Kitakyushu, JapanThis activity is related to inclusive and sustainable growth as well as the need to maintain fiscal sustainability. Its aim is to guide the further development of policy responses to aging in Asia.
- 26 - 27 July 2016 Sources of Income Inequality in Asia ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 25 July 2016 Crypto-currency and Blockchain: The Future of Finance? ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 22 July 2016 Regional Integration and its Impact on Growth and Income Distribution ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 18 - 19 July 2016 2016 Pacific Update Conference: Inclusive Growth for Enhanced Resilience in Pacific Island Countries Suva, Fiji
- 14 - 15 July 2016 5th OECD–AMRO–ADB–ADBI–ERIA Asian Regional Roundtable: Macroeconomic and Structural Policy Challenges ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 12 July 2016 Cities and Middle Income Countries: Making Cities More Liveable Pan Pacific Hotel, Marina Bay, Singapore
- 11 - 13 July 2016 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission: Tokyo, Japan Tokyo, Japan
- 8 - 9 July 2016 ADBI Session on Financial Development and Financial Inclusion at the Fourth Seminar on Asia and Pacific Economies Xi’an–Jiaotong–Liverpool University (XJTLU), Suzhou, PRC
- 6 - 8 July 2016 Urbanization and Quality of Life in Asia: Linkages, Impacts, and Challenges Alicante, Spain
- 1 July 2016 Good Jobs for Inclusive Growth in Central and West Asia ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 30 June 2016 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Inclusive Growth: Global Forces and National Policies ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 24 June 2016 Seminar: Promoting Socially Inclusive Growth in the Republic of Korea ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 22 - 24 June 2016 Food Security Forum: Safe, Nutritious, and Affordable Food for All ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 22 - 24 June 2016 Roundtable and Seminar: OECD–ADBI Insurance and Retirement Saving and Disaster Risk Financing ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 16 - 17 June 2016 Workshop: Urbanization and Infrastructure in Asia Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- 16 June 2016 Seminar: Price Setting in Online Markets: Does IT Click? ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 14 - 16 June 2016 Training: Integrated Water Resources Management and Climate Change Bangkok, Thailand
- 14 June 2016 Conducting Procurement Reviews and Due Diligence Helsinki, Finland
- 8 - 10 June 2016 Innovative Strategies for Development Summit 2016 Manila, Philippines
- 8 June 2016 Seminar: A General Equilibrium Approach to Decomposing Wage Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, Japan