Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 30 June 2016 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Inclusive Growth: Global Forces and National Policies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will summarize global patterns of inequality change and propose a new conceptual framework.
- 1 July 2016 Good Jobs for Inclusive Growth in Central and West Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis workshop will assess the study findings, conduct a midterm review, and seek ADB’s guidance to finalize the study’s structure.
- 8 - 9 July 2016 ADBI Session on Financial Development and Financial Inclusion at the Fourth Seminar on Asia and Pacific Economies Xi’an–Jiaotong–Liverpool University (XJTLU), Suzhou, PRCSpecial session on financial development and financial inclusion will take stock of the various manifestations of the nexus between financial development, financial inclusion, and sustainable and inclusive growth in Asia and the Pacific.
- 11 - 13 July 2016 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission: Tokyo, Japan Tokyo, JapanADB’s Human Resources Recruitment Team will visit Tokyo, Japan on 11-13 July 2016 to showcase ADB’s work and career opportunities in a presentation, and to conduct interviews with pre-selected candidates.
- 12 July 2016 Cities and Middle Income Countries: Making Cities More Liveable Pan Pacific Hotel, Marina Bay, SingaporeIndependent Evaluation at ADB in partnership with the National University of Singapore will host a high-level learning event conference entitled Cities and Middle Income Countries at the Pan Pacific Hotel on July 12, 2016 in Singapore.
- 14 - 15 July 2016 5th OECD–AMRO–ADB–ADBI–ERIA Asian Regional Roundtable: Macroeconomic and Structural Policy Challenges ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis roundtable raises the need for macroeconomic and structural policy action to address challenges from the “new normal”.
- 18 - 19 July 2016 2016 Pacific Update Conference: Inclusive Growth for Enhanced Resilience in Pacific Island Countries Suva, FijiPolicy dialogue to facilitate information exchange for a better understanding of the economic challenges and opportunities facing Pacific Island countries.
- 26 - 27 July 2016 Sources of Income Inequality in Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIncome inequality is not just an important dimension of development but has important implications for governments’ efforts to fight against poverty, sustain growth, and maintain social cohesion.
- 1 - 5 August 2016 Asia-Pacific Social Protection week (APSP 2016) ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe week-long event will also touch on emerging areas of social protection that are not yet widely discussed like social protection for informal workers and the role of ICT in social protection delivery.
- 5 - 8 September 2016 Asian Evaluation Week 2016 Xi’an, People’s Republic of ChinaThe Asia Evaluation Week is the first annual event to be led by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and ADB for evaluation knowledge sharing within Asia and between Asia and other regions, such as Africa and Latin America.
- 6 - 7 September 2016 The 5th Water Loss Asia 2016 Conference and Exhibition Jakarta, IndonesiaWater Loss Asia 2016, returns as the authoritative platform for water professionals to discuss the issue of water loss management, a pertinent global challenge that demands solutions for today, and planning for tomorrow.
- 7 September 2016 2016 ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) Annual Awards Ceremony and Release of Latest ADB Trade Finance Gaps Study Raffles City Convention Centre, SingaporeThe ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) will hold its second Annual TFP Awards Ceremony in recognition of the significant contribution of its partners to the promotion of trade finance in Asia and the Pacific region.
- 12 - 16 September 2016 ADB Transport Forum 2016 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe ADB Transport Forum is the premier gathering of sustainable transport professionals and experts, government officials and private sector leaders in Asia and the Pacific.
- 24 June 2016 Seminar: Promoting Socially Inclusive Growth in the Republic of Korea ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 22 - 24 June 2016 Food Security Forum: Safe, Nutritious, and Affordable Food for All ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 22 - 24 June 2016 Roundtable and Seminar: OECD–ADBI Insurance and Retirement Saving and Disaster Risk Financing ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 16 June 2016 Seminar: Price Setting in Online Markets: Does IT Click? ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 16 - 17 June 2016 Workshop: Urbanization and Infrastructure in Asia Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- 14 - 16 June 2016 Training: Integrated Water Resources Management and Climate Change Bangkok, Thailand
- 8 - 10 June 2016 Innovative Strategies for Development Summit 2016 Manila, Philippines
- 8 June 2016 Seminar: A General Equilibrium Approach to Decomposing Wage Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 6 - 10 June 2016 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2016 ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 6 - 7 June 2016 Tokyo Fiscal Forum 2016 Mita Conference Hall, Tokyo, Japan
- 4 June 2016 ADBI Special Session on Urbanization and Infrastructure at the Fifth International Workshop on Regional, Urban, and Spatial Economics Chengdu, People’s Republic of China
- 2 June 2016 ADBI Special Session on the Asian Market at the International Finance and Banking Society 2016 Conference Barcelona, Spain
- 2 June 2016 Knowledge Exchange Roundtable: Enhancing Private Sector Partnerships ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 2 - 3 June 2016 2016 ACED– ADB Conference on Economic Development: The role of foreign direct investment in economic development The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- 30 May 2016 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Understanding the Slowdown of the Chinese Economy from a Supply-Side Perspective ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 30 May 2016 The Power of Parity: How Advancing Women’s Equality Can Add $12 trillion to Global Growth ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 30 - 31 May 2016 Enabling Agro-Food Value Chains: A Capacity-Building Workshop ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 26 - 31 May 2016 Developing Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Approaches, Methodologies and Controls for Nonbanking Financial Institutions Bhutan (26-27 May), Viet Nam (30-31 May)
- 24 - 25 May 2016 Financial Inclusion in the Digital Economy Multi-function Halls 1-3, ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 17 May 2016 Seminar: Development of Credit Risk Models for SMEs – Japan Case Studies ADBI, Tokyo, Japan