Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 1 January - 31 May 2015 10th Microfinance Training of Trainers: A Blended Distance Learning Course Tokyo, JapanThis activity will strengthen the institutional capacity of microfinance in the Asia-Pacific region by making high-quality microfinance training.
- 25 - 27 May 2015 Workshop on Corruption Risks and Anti-Corruption Strategies in Climate Aid – Good Governance towards Integrity, Transparency, and Accountability in Achieving Objectives of Climate Mitigation and Adaptation ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will focus on corruption and climate aid, and discuss how corruption can be addressed most effectively with cases drawn from the actual climate aid flows and specific corruption examples in climate aid in the Philippines.
- 25 May 2015 Seminar: Global Liquidity Glut, Capital Controls and the Pretence of Knowledge in the PRC and the US ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will argue that following F. A. Hayek article published in The American Economic Review (1989) the use of capital controls is a 'Pretence of Knowledge' in two regards.
- 29 May 2015 Seminar: The Role of Standards for International Trade in Asian Economies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will address the role of technical standards for international trade in Asian economies.
- 1 - 5 June 2015 ADB's Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe purpose of the Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program is to expand and improve the teaching of environmental law across Asia and the Pacific for a more effective development and enforcement of environmental law.
- 2 - 5 June 2015 Asia Regional Workshop on Public-Private Partnerships: Engaging the Private Sector ADBI, Tokyo, JapanCapacity building workshop to develop effective public-private partnerships to bring private sector funding and expertise into public infrastructure projects.
- 9 - 11 June 2015 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission Tokyo, JapanADB’s Human Resources Team will conduct an outreach mission to Tokyo, Japan to identify potential candidates with interest in international finance and development.
- 11 June 2015 Seventh GMS Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-7) Kunming, People’s Republic of ChinaThe ECF-7 is being organized with the forward-looking results of ECF-6 and the fresh directives emanating from the 5th GMS Summit for an improved approach to GMS economic corridor development as it enters a new cycle.
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe tenth Asia Clean Energy Forum will share best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar by William Roberds: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century, showing how extraordinary policy actions by the Bank over the period 1781-1784 caused it to become policy insolvent, using a new reconstruction of the Bank's balance sheet. The seminar will conclude with a discussion of the implications of this episode for modern central banks.
- 16 - 20 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 Manila, PhilippinesWork with us on improving Asia’s irrigated agriculture and irrigation services. Mark your 2015 calendar.
- 2 - 5 May 2016 Frankfurt 2016: 49th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Frankfurt, GermanyAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions.
- 20 - 22 May 2015 Regional Seminar: Women's Employment, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment: Moving Forward on Imperfect Pathways Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, ThailandThe regional seminar will share evidence from research and operational good practices in promoting women's decent employment, entrepreneurship and empowerment.
- 20 - 22 May 2015 Third Asia Think Tank Summit: Inclusive Knowledge Partnerships for Development ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe 3rd Asia Think Tank Summit, co-hosted by ADB, the ADB Institute, and the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program of the University of Pennsylvania, will comprise panel discussions on best practices and innovative knowledge partnerships.
- 19 - 20 May 2015 Knowledge Partnership Forum on Innovation for Resilient and Smart Communities ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe forum is bringing together technology providers, city and community leaders, and ADB staff to exchange ideas on how knowledge partnerships can bolster the development of smart cities and communities.
- 18 May 2015 Seminar by Saj Mendis of Embassy of Sri Lanka: Dynamics of Recent Economic and Political Developments in Sri Lanka ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will discuss current development challenges in Sri Lanka.
- 14 - 15 May 2015 Inception Workshop and Policy Dialogue: Housing Policies for Emerging Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe event, which is being organized as an inception workshop and policy dialogue, will bring together leading scholars and high-level policy makers to discuss housing policies and identify best-practices.
- 13 May 2015 Seminar by Donghyun Park and Kwanho Shin: Economic and Financial Development, and Income Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will examine the relationship between financial development and income inequality, taking into account the well-known relationship between economic development and income inequality.
- 2 - 5 May 2015 Baku 2015: 48th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Baku, AzerbaijanAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions. The meetings provide opportunities for member governments to interact with ADB staff, nongovernment organizations (NGOs), media, and representatives of observer countries, international organizations, academe and the private sector.
- 29 - 30 April 2015 Asia-Pacific High-Level Conference on Financing for Development Jakarta, IndonesiaThe conference will allow senior government policy makers to identify the challenges pertaining to financing sustainable development and discuss solutions
- 28 - 30 April 2015 Asia Pacific Road Safety 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesAsia Pacific Road Safety 2015 features a comprehensive seminar, workshop and training program that are designed to help ADB developing member countries to reduce and prevent road deaths and injuries.
- 27 - 29 April 2015 Workshop on Automatic Exchange of Information ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will focus on explaining the key components of the new international Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters using practical examples.
- 27 April 2015 Inclusive Growth in Asia: Housing Policy, Financial Inclusion, and Infrastructure Investments ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis policy dialogue is intended to introduce major ADBI research projects in depth to Advisory Council members as well as to a group of government officials from ADB developing member countries (DMCs), who will in return provide feedback and suggestions for future direction. The importance of housing policy will be discussed in support of access to adequate housing, particularly, for lower and middle-income economies. Financial inclusion and the economic effects of infrastructure investments will also be examined. Both are ADBI flagship projects.
- 26 - 29 April 2015 Coral Triangle Pacific Regional Planning Meeting Brisbane, AustraliaThe Coral Triangle Pacific Regional Planning Meeting will be held in partnership with the Global Change Institute of the University of Queensland from 27 to 29 April 2015.
- 23 April 2015 Seminar by H. E. Masud Bin Momen: Recent Economic and Political Development in Bangladesh ADBI, Tokyo, JapanH.E. Masud Bin Momen, Ambassador of the Embassy of Bangladesh in Tokyo, will give a seminar on Recent Economic and Political Development in Bangladesh.
- 22 April 2015 Trade Finance Program (TFP) Annual Awards Ceremony Ocean Restaurant, Level B1M, SEA Aquarium, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore, Singapore, 8:00 p.m.This is the first Annual Awards Ceremony to be held by the Trade Finance Program in recognition of the significant contribution of its partners to the promotion of trade finance in the Asia and Pacific region.
- 20 April 2015 Seminar by Manabu Fujimura: Comparative Advantage in Rice Production: Viet Nam and Myanmar ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will show that while both Viet Nam and Myanmar have revealed comparative advantage in rice production, yields are higher in Viet Nam because of better and more intensive practices.
- 17 April 2015 Presentation: Asian Development Outlook 2015 ICC Executive Conference Room (ICC 700), Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USAShang-Jin Wei, Chief Economist at the Asian Development Bank, will present ADB’s flagship economic publication, Asian Development Outlook 2015 - a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia.
- 16 April 2015 ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development Letts Formal Lounge (Letts Hall) American University, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, USA, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.The ASEAN Studies Center and the ADB North American Representative Office cordially invite you to attend an ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development.
- 16 April 2015 OECD-ADBI Economic Seminar: The OECD Economic Survey of Japan 2015 ADBI, Tokyo, JapanOECD's Economic Survey of Japan 2015 will be described in this seminar. It will address in detail the challenges that the Japanese economy faces and present OECD's policy recommendations for Japan's structural reforms.
- 14 - 16 April 2015 International Seminar on Trade in Goods and Services Statistics Manila, PhilippinesThe seminar aims to share the best and most commonplace practices in trade statistics and provide international and practical guidance in processing transactions on multinational activity related to trade in goods and services.
- 13 April 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar Robert Aliber: Currency Turbulence and Banking Crises ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will present the view that a floating currency arrangement is necessary because of the large changes in the prices of real estate, stocks and bonds, and commodities.