Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 26 - 29 April 2015 Coral Triangle Pacific Regional Planning Meeting Brisbane, AustraliaDescription The Coral Triangle Pacific Regional Planning Meeting will be held in partnership with the Global Change Institute of the University of Queensland from 27 to 29 April 2015. On the 26th, a pre-planning workshop will prepare a work program to be endorsed by the country representatives.
- 27 - 29 April 2015 Workshop on Automatic Exchange of Information ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will focus on explaining the key components of the new international Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters using practical examples.
- 27 April 2015 Inclusive Growth in Asia: Housing Policy, Financial Inclusion, and Infrastructure Investments ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis policy dialogue is intended to introduce major ADBI research projects in depth to Advisory Council members as well as to a group of government officials from ADB developing member countries (DMCs), who will in return provide feedback and suggestions for future direction. The importance of housing policy will be discussed in support of access to adequate housing, particularly, for lower and middle-income economies. Financial inclusion and the economic effects of infrastructure investments will also be examined. Both are ADBI flagship projects.
- 28 - 30 April 2015 Asia Pacific Road Safety 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesAsia Pacific Road Safety 2015 features a comprehensive seminar, workshop and training program that are designed to help ADB developing member countries to reduce and prevent road deaths and injuries.
- 29 - 30 April 2015 Asia-Pacific High-Level Conference on Financing for Development Jakarta, IndonesiaThe conference will allow senior government policy makers to identify the challenges pertaining to financing sustainable development and discuss solutions
- 2 - 5 May 2015 Baku 2015: 48th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Baku, AzerbaijanAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions. The meetings provide opportunities for member governments to interact with ADB staff, nongovernment organizations (NGOs), media, and representatives of observer countries, international organizations, academe and the private sector.
- 19 - 20 May 2015 Knowledge Partnership Forum on Innovation for Resilient and Smart Communities ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesBackground Smart cities and communities use innovative technologies effectively to improve everyday life, health and well-being of its citizens, reduce costs and resource consumption, and perform its functions sustainably. Strategic knowledge partnerships are critical for expanding knowledge base. They can provide the competitive edge to make things happen, and to make a difference faster where it really matters: in the cities and in rural communities of Asia and the Pacific.
- 20 - 22 May 2015 Third Asia Think Tank Summit: Inclusive Knowledge Partnerships for Development ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe 3rd Asia Think Tank Summit, co-hosted by ADB, the ADB Institute, and the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program of the University of Pennsylvania, will comprise panel discussions on best practices and innovative knowledge partnerships.
- 25 - 27 May 2015 Workshop on Corruption Risks and Anti-Corruption Strategies in Climate Aid – Good Governance towards Integrity, Transparency, and Accountability in Achieving Objectives of Climate Mitigation and Adaptation ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will focus on corruption and climate aid, and discuss how corruption can be addressed most effectively with cases drawn from the actual climate aid flows and specific corruption examples in climate aid in the Philippines.
- 1 - 5 June 2015 ADB's Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe purpose of the Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program is to expand and improve the teaching of environmental law across Asia and the Pacific for a more effective development and enforcement of environmental law.
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe tenth Asia Clean Energy Forum will share best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar by William Roberds: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century, showing how extraordinary policy actions by the Bank over the period 1781-1784 caused it to become policy insolvent, using a new reconstruction of the Bank's balance sheet. The seminar will conclude with a discussion of the implications of this episode for modern central banks.
- 16 - 20 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 Manila, PhilippinesWork with us on improving Asia’s irrigated agriculture and irrigation services. Mark your 2015 calendar.
- 23 April 2015 Seminar by H. E. Masud Bin Momen: Recent Economic and Political Development in Bangladesh ADBI, Tokyo, JapanH.E. Masud Bin Momen, Ambassador of the Embassy of Bangladesh in Tokyo, will give a seminar on Recent Economic and Political Development in Bangladesh.
- 22 April 2015 Trade Finance Program (TFP) Annual Awards Ceremony Ocean Restaurant, Level B1M, SEA Aquarium, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore, Singapore, 8:00 p.m.This is the first Annual Awards Ceremony to be held by the Trade Finance Program in recognition of the significant contribution of its partners to the promotion of trade finance in the Asia and Pacific region.
- 20 April 2015 Seminar by Manabu Fujimura: Comparative Advantage in Rice Production: Viet Nam and Myanmar ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will show that while both Viet Nam and Myanmar have revealed comparative advantage in rice production, yields are higher in Viet Nam because of better and more intensive practices.
- 17 April 2015 Presentation: Asian Development Outlook 2015 ICC Executive Conference Room (ICC 700), Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USAShang-Jin Wei, Chief Economist at the Asian Development Bank, will present ADB’s flagship economic publication, Asian Development Outlook 2015 - a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia.
- 16 April 2015 OECD-ADBI Economic Seminar: The OECD Economic Survey of Japan 2015 ADBI, Tokyo, JapanOECD's Economic Survey of Japan 2015 will be described in this seminar. It will address in detail the challenges that the Japanese economy faces and present OECD's policy recommendations for Japan's structural reforms.
- 16 April 2015 ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development Letts Formal Lounge (Letts Hall) American University, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, USA, 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.The ASEAN Studies Center and the ADB North American Representative Office cordially invite you to attend an ASEAN Studies Center Distinguished Speaker Lecture: Eight Conditions for Economic Development.
- 14 - 16 April 2015 International Seminar on Trade in Goods and Services Statistics Manila, PhilippinesThe seminar aims to share the best and most commonplace practices in trade statistics and provide international and practical guidance in processing transactions on multinational activity related to trade in goods and services.
- 13 April 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar Robert Aliber: Currency Turbulence and Banking Crises ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will present the view that a floating currency arrangement is necessary because of the large changes in the prices of real estate, stocks and bonds, and commodities.
- 11 - 17 April 2015 7th World Water Forum Daegu and Gyeongbuk, Republic of KoreaThe World Water Forum, held every 3 years since 1997, is one of the biggest international water events where all stakeholders can work together on joint approaches to global water challenges.
- 8 April 2015 Seminar by Naoyuki Yoshino: Japan's Lost Decade: Lessons for Other Economies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe seminar will focus on the causes of the Japan's long-term recession and provide remedies for getting out of recession and boosting economic growth.
- 6 April 2015 Seminar by Kei Owada: Improving Business-Friendly Infrastructure Investment in the Transportation Sector: Case Studies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will highlight the huge investment required in the transportation sector, the gap between demand and supply, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) for the transportation sector, and their various forms. The presentation will also provide a number of interesting case studies, discuss the major impediments to transportation projects involving PPP, and raise and elaborate on some important recommendations, such as moderate involvement of the public sector, utilization of support from suppliers, infrastructure funding, data accumulation and international collaboration.
- 6 - 10 April 2015 Accountability Loop for (Health) Budget Advocacy (ALBA) for Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesDescription
- 31 March 2015 Seminar by Martin Schulz: Connecting Growth and Opportunity in Japan and Southeast Asia: Urbanization, the Internet of Everything, and Mega City Systems ADBI, Tokyo, JapanJapan and emerging Asia are sharing the same engines of growth again. In an ageing Japan, urbanization is advancing as in the 60ies while Tokyo is driving growth and productivity trends. In Southeast Asia, mega cities are jumping beyond traditional steps of infrastructure and business development into internet-based city systems. This creates tremendous opportunities for growth and investment in both directions. The presentation will show where focusing on future opportunities might yield better results than hoping for illusive "structural reforms."
- 25 - 26 March 2015 6th ADB Business Opportunities Fair 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe ADB Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers looking to provide goods and services for ADB projects.
- 25 - 26 March 2015 第６回ビジネス・オポチュニティズ・フェア開催のご案内 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesADBでは毎年、本部（マニラ）にてビジネス・オポチュニティ・フェアを開催しています。
- 24 March 2015 Asian Development Outlook 2015 Launch: Financing Asia’s Future Growth Foreign Correspondents' Club, 2 Lower Albert Rd, Central, Hong Kong, China, 9:30 a.m. (Hong Kong/Singapore/Manila time)ADB's flagship economic publication, the ADO provides a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia, including growth projections by country and region.
- 23 - 24 March 2015 Performance, Capacity, and Change: Leadership Forum of the Asia-Pacific Community of Practice on Managing for Development Results ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe roundtable aims to share country-level experience and innovative tools and practices in the areas of performance, capacity and change, and discuss options for the future of the APCoP.
- 18 - 19 March 2015 Forum on Promoting Remittances for Development Finance ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will explore the broader realm, economic implications, and potential of remittances.
- 18 - 20 March 2015 1st Southeast Asian Youth Conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade Multipurpose Hall, ADB HeadquartersDescription
- 16 March 2015 Youth Entrepreneurship Leadership Laboratory Multipurpose Hall, ADB Headquarters, 8:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.Description