Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 1 July - 30 September 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2: Youth Video Competition ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe AIF2: Youth Video Competition is inviting budding filmmakers, ages 18 to 30, to sumbit a video of up to 3-minutes on the theme "Who's growing tomorrow's food?"
- 4 August 2015 Seminar: Pacific Opportunities: Leveraging the Benefits of Asia’s Growth ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will analyze the opportunities for the Pacific region that arise from strong growth and economic transformation in Asia.
- 12 - 13 August 2015 3rd Asian Youth Forum ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe 2015 Asian Youth Forum 3 theme is “Investing in Youth: Engagement, Education, Employment, and Entrepreneurship.”
- 2 - 3 September 2015 Seminar on Enhancing Financial Accessibility for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs): Lessons from National Practices on Improving Access to Finance in Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThis seminar aims to discuss national efforts to improving small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) access to finance and explore potential policy framework needed to scale up SME access to finance at the national and regional level.
- 15 - 16 September 2015 Evaluation Learning Event: Think Sustainable, Act Responsible ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThink Sustainable, Act Responsible will be anchored in a range of recent thematic studies including those on inclusive growth, climate change finance, governance and the mid-term review of Strategy 2020, ADB’s corporate framework.
- 17 - 19 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe second Asian Irrigation Forum (AIF2) aims to highlight practical solutions in irrigation, identify scales of required investments and understand the future challenges posed by declining populations of irrigation practitioners.
- 3 December 2015 ADBI Annual Conference 2015: Global Uncertainty, Macroeconomic Shocks and Growth in Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanADBI’s annual conference will be dedicated to the outlook for growth in Asia and the Pacific. It will focus in particular on the implications for Asia and the Pacific of a possible economic slowdown in the PRC.
- 2 - 5 May 2016 Frankfurt 2016: 49th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Frankfurt, GermanyAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions.
- 30 - 31 July 2015 The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Japan Project Meeting ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIt is hoped that this meeting will be able to identify issues and recommend policies that can support efforts of DMCs to achieve sustainable growth in the face of global economic and financial shocks.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century.
- 29 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Liquidity Requirements, Liquidity Choice and Financial Stability ADBI, Tokyo, JapanSeminar by Anil Kashyap entitled, Liquidity requirements, liquidity choice and financial stability. The lecture will survey the existing work on liquidity regulation of banks and present a framework for discussing the regulation.
- 22 July 2015 Seminar: Is Bank Home Bias Good or Bad for Public Debt Sustainability? ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis Seminar will analyze the implications of bank home bias for sovereign debt sustainability.
- 20 July 2015 Presentation on the ADBI/ADB report: “Pacific Opportunities” at the Lowy Institute Sydney, AustraliaPresentation on the ADBI/ADB report: “Pacific Opportunities” at the Lowy Institute (Sydney, Australia)
- 15 - 16 July 2015 2015 Pacific Update Conference: Pacific Development in a Changing Global Economy Suva, FijiPolicy dialogue for government officials and others on salient issues pertaining to Pacific economies.
- 10 July 2015 Asia Credit Rating Forum ADBI, Tokyo, JapanTo better understand the credit rating situation in developing countries in Asia and to develop appropriate recommendations to improve the current outcomes, ADBI and ACCRA jointly organize the “Asia Credit Rating Forum” in Tokyo.
- 7 July 2015 Distinguished Speaker Seminar: Regulations, Foreign Banks and Income Inequality ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will provide cross-country evidence that variations in bank regulatory policies result in differences in income distribution.
- 6 July 2015 Seminar: Pay Attention or Pay Extra? Findings on Investor Compensation for the Implicit Credit Risk of Structured Products ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will discuss current investor compensation for the implicit credit risk of structure products.
- 6 July 2015 Global Economic Prospects (GEP): The Global Economy in Transition The World Bank Tokyo Development Learning Center, TokyoPresentation of the key findings of a new World Bank Report: Global Economic Prospects (GEP): The Global Economy in Transition.
- 22 June 2015 Seminar: ADB@50 - A history of ADB ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIn 2017, ADB will hold its 50th annual meeting and to mark the occasion, and to tell the story of ADB’s life and times during the transformation in the Asia-Pacific region, the ADB@50 team in Manila is preparing a book on the Bank.
- 18 - 19 June 2015 Conference on Regional Integration of Services in ASEAN Countries: Progress and Challenges Jakarta, IndonesiaThe policy dialogue is envisioned as a brainstorming session to discuss the current situation surrounding ASEAN services and policies through sharing knowledge, policy insights and experiences on services trade and integration issues.
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe tenth Asia Clean Energy Forum will share best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges.
- 15 June 2015 Seminar: Global Imbalances and Europe ADBI, Tokyo, JapanPurpose ADBI’s Seminar Series brings eminent persons to ADBI to encourage debate among policymakers, researchers, academics, think tanks, and other audiences interested in economic development challenges in the Asia and Pacific region.
- 11 June 2015 Seventh GMS Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-7) Kunming, People’s Republic of ChinaThe ECF-7 is being organized with the forward-looking results of ECF-6 and the fresh directives emanating from the 5th GMS Summit for an improved approach to GMS economic corridor development as it enters a new cycle.
- 10 - 11 June 2015 Tokyo Fiscal Forum: Fiscal Policy for Long-term Growth and Sustainability in Aging Societies Mita Conference Hall, Tokyo, JapanADBI-MOF/PRI-IMF/FAD Conference on Fiscal Policy to promote inclusive economic growth while maintaining fiscal sustainability and addressing Asia’s future challenges.
- 9 - 11 June 2015 ADB Recruitment Outreach Mission Tokyo, JapanADB’s Human Resources Team will conduct an outreach mission to Tokyo, Japan to identify potential candidates with interest in international finance and development.
- 2 - 5 June 2015 Asia Regional Workshop on Public-Private Partnerships: Engaging the Private Sector ADBI, Tokyo, JapanCapacity building workshop to develop effective public-private partnerships to bring private sector funding and expertise into public infrastructure projects.
- 1 - 5 June 2015 ADB's Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe purpose of the Environmental Law Champions Train-the-Trainers Program is to expand and improve the teaching of environmental law across Asia and the Pacific for a more effective development and enforcement of environmental law.
- 29 May 2015 Credit Risk Analysis of SMEs Bangkok, ThailandPolicy dialogue to improve the capacity of policymakers to develop credit databases on SMEs to expand access to finance. Discussion of deposit insurance.