Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 31 March 2015 Seminar by Martin Schulz: Connecting Growth and Opportunity in Japan and Southeast Asia: Urbanization, the Internet of Everything, and Mega City Systems ADBI, Tokyo, JapanJapan and emerging Asia are sharing the same engines of growth again. In an ageing Japan, urbanization is advancing as in the 60ies while Tokyo is driving growth and productivity trends. In Southeast Asia, mega cities are jumping beyond traditional steps of infrastructure and business development into internet-based city systems. This creates tremendous opportunities for growth and investment in both directions. The presentation will show where focusing on future opportunities might yield better results than hoping for illusive "structural reforms."
- 6 - 10 April 2015 Accountability Loop for (Health) Budget Advocacy (ALBA) for Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesDescription
- 6 April 2015 Seminar by Kei Owada: Improving Business-Friendly Infrastructure Investment in the Transportation Sector: Case Studies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar will highlight the huge investment required in the transportation sector, the gap between demand and supply, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) for the transportation sector, and their various forms. The presentation will also provide a number of interesting case studies, discuss the major impediments to transportation projects involving PPP, and raise and elaborate on some important recommendations, such as moderate involvement of the public sector, utilization of support from suppliers, infrastructure funding, data accumulation and international collaboration.
- 11 - 17 April 2015 7th World Water Forum Daegu and Gyeongbuk, Republic of KoreaDescription The World Water Forum, held every 3 years since 1997, is one of the biggest international water events where all stakeholders can work together on joint approaches to global water challenges.
- 27 April 2015 Inclusive Growth in Asia: Housing Policy, Financial Inclusion, and Infrastructure Investments ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis policy dialogue is intended to introduce major ADBI research projects in depth to Advisory Council members as well as to a group of government officials from ADB developing member countries (DMCs), who will in return provide feedback and suggestions for future direction. The importance of housing policy will be discussed in support of access to adequate housing, particularly, for lower and middle-income economies. Financial inclusion and the economic effects of infrastructure investments will also be examined. Both are ADBI flagship projects.
- 2 - 5 May 2015 Baku 2015: 48th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Baku, AzerbaijanAnnual meetings are statutory occasions for Governors of ADB members to provide guidance on ADB administrative, financial, and operational directions. The meetings provide opportunities for member governments to interact with ADB staff, nongovernment organizations (NGOs), media, and representatives of observer countries, international organizations, academe and the private sector.
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Asia Clean Energy Forum 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe tenth Asia Clean Energy Forum will share best practices in policy, technology, and finance to meet the region's climate and energy security challenges.
- 29 July 2015 Seminar by William Roberds: Death of a Reserve Currency ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis seminar examines the downfall of the Bank of Amsterdam, which was the dominant central bank in Europe for much of the 18th century, showing how extraordinary policy actions by the Bank over the period 1781-1784 caused it to become policy insolvent, using a new reconstruction of the Bank's balance sheet. The seminar will conclude with a discussion of the implications of this episode for modern central banks.
- 16 - 20 November 2015 Asian Irrigation Forum 2 Manila, PhilippinesWork with us on improving Asia’s irrigated agriculture and irrigation services. Mark your 2015 calendar.
- 25 - 26 March 2015 第６回ビジネス・オポチュニティズ・フェア開催のご案内 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesADBでは毎年、本部（マニラ）にてビジネス・オポチュニティ・フェアを開催しています。
- 25 - 26 March 2015 6th ADB Business Opportunities Fair 2015 ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe ADB Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers looking to provide goods and services for ADB projects.
- 24 March 2015 Asian Development Outlook 2015 Launch: Financing Asia’s Future Growth Foreign Correspondents' Club, 2 Lower Albert Rd, Central, Hong Kong, China, 9:30 a.m. (Hong Kong/Singapore/Manila time)ADB's flagship economic publication, the ADO provides a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia, including growth projections by country and region.
- 23 - 24 March 2015 Performance, Capacity, and Change: Leadership Forum of the Asia-Pacific Community of Practice on Managing for Development Results ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe roundtable aims to share country-level experience and innovative tools and practices in the areas of performance, capacity and change, and discuss options for the future of the APCoP.
- 18 - 20 March 2015 1st Southeast Asian Youth Conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade Multipurpose Hall, ADB HeadquartersDescription
- 18 - 19 March 2015 Forum on Promoting Remittances for Development Finance ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe workshop will explore the broader realm, economic implications, and potential of remittances.
- 16 March 2015 Youth Entrepreneurship Leadership Laboratory Multipurpose Hall, ADB Headquarters, 8:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.Description
- 11 - 13 March 2015 ADBI-OECD Joint Events: Roundtable on Capital Market and Financial Reform in Asia and High-Level Panel on Institutional Investors and Long-term Investment Financing ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis roundtable examines the challenges and risks facing the Asian capital markets as the global financial system transitions toward the path of greater financial stability. Among the key issues to be discussed are the recent financial sector developments and challenges in Asia, impact and implications of global international financial reforms, non-bank financial intermediaries, comparative evaluation of different forms of small and medium scale enterprise (SME) financing, and role of capital markets in value creation.
- 2 - 7 March 2015 Asian Leadership: Sustainable Development and Climate Change ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe primary objective of the policy dialogue is to promote mutual cooperation and common understanding among high-level policymakers in the field of environmental conservation and to share knowledge about the current situation and future projections with regard to climate change in Asia for the purpose of promoting sustainable development. ADBI website
- 2 - 3 March 2015 Annual Consultation Meeting for Financing Partnership Facilities ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe meeting aims to strengthen the partnerships among ADB, financing partnership facilities and cooperation funds stakeholders for enhanced aid effectiveness.
- 25 - 27 February 2015 Indonesia: Water Operators Partnerships Workshop on Wastewater and Sanitation Management Jakarta, IndonesiaThis workshop will present the Indonesian experience in septage and wastewater management under ADB’s Water Operators Partnerships Program.
- 24 - 26 February 2015 Cooperating to Combat Tax Evasion: Consultation Workshop on Enhancing Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe workshop will bring international experts to present latest information on developments in Exchange of Information and Transparency and to advise on policy and technical issues.
- 20 February 2015 The Impact of Housing on Health: A Japanese Perspective ADBI, Tokyo, JapanMatthias Helble, Research Fellow at ADBI, and Toshiaki Aizawa, Research Associate, will discuss the connection between housing and health in Japan. The objective of the seminar is to present the latest ADBI research on housing policies, in particular on the nexus between home ownership and health. The presentation first introduces the Keio Household Survey which contains various questions put to participants related to their housing situation including housing finance, and the answers they provided.
- 17 February 2015 The Effects of an Exit Strategy of a Quantitative Easy Monetary Policy on East Asian Currencies ADBI, Tokyo, JapanEiji Ogawa, professor of international finance at the Graduate School of Commerce and Management, Hitotsubashi University will give a talk on the effects of an exit strategy of a quantitative easy monetary policy on East Asian currencies. ADBI website
- 27 - 30 January 2015 Learning Program: Mobilizing Multi-Stakeholder Action for Reform ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesThe objective of the program is to enhance participants’ skills in navigating the reform process by mobilizing multi-stakeholder groups and engaging them in the task of creating pro-reform coalitions.
- 27 - 29 January 2015 Fourth Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Environment Ministers’ Meeting Nay Pyi Taw, MyanmarThe EMM4 will aim to garner high-level consensus and support from the GMS countries and stakeholders for scaling up efforts to protect and enhance natural capital to achieve inclusive and sustainable development in the GMS.
- 22 - 23 January 2015 High-Level Global Symposium: Promoting Better Lifetime Planning through Financial Education ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe purpose of this project is to identify approaches to promoting financial education that are likely to have a positive impact on the ability of households and SMEs to make more effective use of financial products and services.
- 22 - 23 January 2015 ADBI-BOJ-JFSA-OECD High-Level Global Symposium: Promoting Better Lifetime Planning through Financial Education ADBI, Tokyo, JapanIncreasing financial inclusion, that is, affordable and appropriate access to financial services by households and small and medium-sized enterprises is an important aspect of the general goals of inclusive growth and financial development.
- 18 - 23 January 2015 3rd International Fecal Sludge Management Week Hanoi, Viet NamThe 3rd International Fecal Sludge Management Week (FSM3) is supported by ADB through the Sanitation Financing Partnership Trust Fund established by ADB and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- 15 January 2015 Youth4Asia Solutions Search for the Environment for the Greater Mekong Subregion Natural Capital Challenge OnlineThe Youth4ASIA Solution Search is ADB Youth Initiatives' competition that aims to showcase, disseminate, and promote youth work in the Asia Pacific.