- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Live Online Chat - In Search of Free Trade in Asia
The live online discussion is now closed. A transcript is available here.
Intra-Asian trade is rising and so is the number of Asia’s free-trade agreements. Join ADB trade experts Ramesh Subramaniam and Jayant Menon in a live discussion.
- What is the chance of an ASEAN Economic Community by 2015 or a Trans-Pacific Partnership linking Asia and the Americas?
- Just how easy is cross-border trade elsewhere in the region?
- Free trade is critical for sustaining growth and prosperity, so how can Asia contribute in making trade freer?
When: 1400-1500 Manila time/0600-0700GMT on Thursday, 7 March 2013.
Ramesh Subramaniam is Senior Director at ADB's Office of Regional Economic Integration (OREI) where he manages four teams dealing with the pillars of its Regional Cooperation and Integration Strategy: Trade and Investment; Monetary and Financial Integration; Infrastructure Connectivity; and Regional Public Goods. His research and work over the last 22 years has focused on policy and institutional change in developing Asia.
Jayant Menon, Lead Economist (Trade and Regional Integration) of ADB’s Office of Regional Economic Integration, specializes in a range of trade, international finance, and development issues. Backed by an extensive professional experience as an economist and academic, he has authored over 100 academic publications mostly on trade and development in Asia. He also serves as co-editor of the ASEAN Economic Bulletin.