ADB's flagship economic publication "Asian Development Outlook 2013 (ADO)" provides a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia, with growth projections by country and region. This year's ADO special theme, "Asia's Energy Challenge", explores how the region can ensure adequate, accessible and clean energy to achieve its growth potential.
The ADO presentation by ADB Chief Economist Changyong Rhee will address:
- What are the immediate economic prospects for developing Asia and the risks that lie ahead?
- What does the resilience of ASEAN economies have to offer the region?
- How has the region been affected by quantitative easing policies in the mature economies?
- Will the region be able to secure sufficient and affordable energy to maintain rapid growth in the decades ahead?
- How can developing Asia adjust its energy needs to ensure environmental sustainability?
- What role can regional energy integration play in solving Asia's energy problems?
Access the live online streaming of the presentation on this page on Tuesday, 9 April 2013 at 01:30-02:30 GMT.
NB: online viewers will not be able to pose questions to ADB Chief Economist Changyong Rhee.
ADO includes analysis of 45 economies, including People's Republic of China and India. The report also examines the prospects for developing Asia, by country and by sub region: East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, and the Pacific.
The event takes place at Hong Kong's Foreign Correspondents' Club, 2 Lower Albert Rd, Central, Hong Kong, China.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.