Government officials from the People's Republic of China (PRC), Japan, and the Republic of Korea will present their new economic policies and discuss the implications for the growth of the regional economy. Government officials from other Asian economies will be invited to share their views on the new economic policies.
In 2012, the PRC, Japan, and the Republic of Korea saw smooth power transitions to new leadership. The new governments of the three countries unveiled new economy policies. The PRC government under President Xi Jinping plans to double the nation's GDP by 2020 from 2010 GDP while emphasizing quality growth and social equity. In Japan, the administration of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is determined to pull the economy out of two decades of deflation via expansionary fiscal policies and unconventional monetary policy-quantitative easing. In the Republic of Korea, President Park Geun-hye has pledged to rebuild the middle class and promote "economic democratization" through shared growth between large and small firms. These new policies will steer development of the three countries and affect regional growth and integration. In this policy dialogue, three government officials, one from each country, will present their new economic policies and discuss the implications for the growth of the regional economy. Government officials from other Asian economies will be invited to comment on the presentations. Advisory council members are expected to serve as panelists for a panel discussion following the presentations.
- Better understanding of new economic policies of the PRC, Japan and the Republic of Korea;
- Exchanging the views on the issues among policy makers from the three countries and the other Asian countries.
- Strengthening policy dialogues and communications among government official of Asian countries;
- Better understanding of the new economic policies of the PRC, Japan, and the Republic of Korea;
- Strengthening policy dialogues and communications among government officials of Asian countries;
- Presentation materials from the conference may be disseminated via the ADBI website.
Mid-level to senior representatives of the central banks and Ministries of Finance from each of the following countries will be invited: Cambodia, PRC, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
How to register
By invitation only.
EnglishStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.