This regional seminar aims to enhance the capacity of tax officials to tackle international tax evasion cases through international co-operation among tax authorities.
At the end of the regional seminar, participants will have:
- familiarized themselves with the frameworks of international exchange of information among tax authorities;
- understand how the effective use of exchange-of-information tools assists audit on international tax evasion cases;
- understand actual exchange-of-information procedure through case studies
Participation is by invitation only.
A 5-member team from local government units composed of any of the following:
- member of the legislative body;
- local administrator;
- local planner;
- local budget officer;
- local expert on the problem being tackled (i.e. agriculturist, health officer, population officer, etc.);
- NGO/civil society representatives