Energy efficiency is purported to be a "low hanging fruit" in curbing energy demand and contributing to the reduction of CO2; emission levels. Existing interventions and initiatives have so far been skewed towards the supply-side and very limited attention has been paid to demand-side energy efficiency improvements. Is it because there is (a) a lack of awareness on end-use efficiency measures, (b) no clear policy and regulation on energy efficiency, and (c) a cost issue with the choice of technology that is a barrier to fully realizing the potential of energy efficiency? These are some of the issues that will be tackled during the workshop, informed by experience from both developed and developing countries across different sectors (e.g. industry, buildings, etc.) and specific case studies.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better equipped with new knowledge and tools to:
- Identify opportunities in energy efficiency in relevant sectors in their respective countries
- Develop energy efficiency projects
- Design policy and financing instruments to enable and strengthen the environment for energy efficiency
- Guide to develop an action plan to scale up energy efficiency in ADB DMCs
Energy efficiency practitioners and experts from:
- Government agencies
- Power utilities
- Non-government organizations
- Industrial areas in cement, iron and steel, chemical, ceramic, lighting, air-conditioning
- Financing institutions
- International energy efficiency advocacy groups
- Amos Bromhead, International Energy Agency,
- Byungchoon Park, Korea Energy Management Corporation
- Pierre Cazelles, International Copper Association
- Jo Ann Eala, Bank of Philippine Islands
- Aiming Zhou, Asian Development Bank
- More experts are listed in the program agenda
- Please visit https://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/site-administrator/visa-information for information on visa application and process.
- Information about local weather, currency, transport, business hours, and others can be found in http://www.gov.ph/aboutphil/vinfo.asp.