Purpose / Background
The Second Adaptation Forum will provide a unique opportunity to share frontline findings and innovations, opportunities and challenges in mainstreaming Climate Change adaptation into development. Building on from Adaptation Forum 2010, the Forum aims to focus on "Adaptation in Action" signifying a shift from deliberations to decisions, plans to policies and policies to practices.
The Second Adaptation Forum will be organized around,
- Linking knowledge to adaptation actions;
- The governance of adaptation decision-making;
- Insights from practices - Learning from experiences on the ground
The objective of the Forum is to deliberate on the theme - the need for "Mainstreaming Adaptation into Development: Adaptation in Action".
The Forum will:
- Showcase knowledge, practices and experiences;
- Provide "an interactive space" to promote networking to maximize synergy, stimulate actions and facilitate experiential learning that supports the process of adapting to climate change;
- Link local level adaptation initiatives with those at national and regional level.
The Forum will gather adaptation practitioners at global, regional, national, and sub-national levels. These could include government representatives from various line ministries, researchers, practitioners, NGOs, international organizations, regional intergovernmental bodies, youth, media and the private sector.