- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Singapore International Water Week
The Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) brings policymakers, industry leaders, experts, and practitioners together to address challenges, showcase technologies, discover opportunities, and celebrate achievements in the water world. SIWW flagship programs include an annual Water Leaders Summit, Water Convention, Water Expo, Business Forums, and the presentation of the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize, an international award that recognizes outstanding contributions in solving water issues.
SIWW's theme this year, "Water Solutions for Liveable and Sustainable Cities," reinforces the pressing need to integrate sustainable water management strategies into the urban planning process.
ADB and PWN Technologies are assisting SIWW to deliver "Workshop on Application of Water Supply and Sanitation Technologies in Developing Countries," scheduled on 1 July, 9AM to 12 noon. The workshop follows the outcome of ADB's previous Workshop on Technologies for Water and Wastewater Management held in November 2011 and will carry forward the consensus of increasing awareness of utilities on the suite of solutions available.
ADB supported the inaugural SIWW in 2008 to stimulate water investments, reforms, capacity development, and knowledge sharing under its Water Financing Program. In 2009, ADB committed to a strategic partnership with SIWW from 2010-2012.
SIWW 2012 will focus on solutions to address the latest and most pertinent water issues facing the world's growing cities.
The workshop aims to explore possible solutions and actions to stimulate the adoption of appropriate and sustainable water supply and sanitation technology in developing countries.
The event is being organized by SIWW, with assistance from ADB and PWN Technologies.
Water experts, business professionals, and representatives from government, the private sector, and development agencies are invited to participate.