This second International Forum built on the discussions and outcomes held in the first ADB International Skills Forum in 2011. It aimed to take forward the discourse with government representatives, institutional heads, researchers, business leaders and representatives of the private sector on skills development for employability and sustainable livelihoods.
The pre-forum workshop was held on 10 December 2012.
- Facilitated harnessing new and innovative approaches to developing the most effective strategies and policies which will offer options to DMC representatives to consider practical solutions for skills development in a timely way.
- Supported better understanding of the implications and possible solutions to the growth of labor markets in Asia and the demand for skilled workers at middle and higher levels.
- Helped develop a multi stakeholder approach to addressing the main challenges in skills development involving government, the private sector, research and training institutions and NGOs.
- Took forward policy options and measures for strengthening skills development to serve the needs of inclusive growth, productivity gains, knowledge industries and the greening of economies.
- Shanti Jagannathan, ADB
- Rupert Maclean, Hong Kong Institute of Education