The sub-regional conference will formally launch RETA 8060: Promoting Innovations in Wastewater Management in Asia and the Pacific. Participants will be a mixture of government executives, wastewater industry practitioners, private sectors from the following countries: Philippines, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Mongolia and Uzbekistan.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- information on different technologies applicable to their specific condition;
- awareness on successful projects in similar DMCs;
- information on different project financing schemes; and
- enhanced capacity on available planning tools.
- Identification of priority concerns per country/city
- Action Plan per country/city
Participation is by invitation only.
A five-member team from different cities composed of any of the following:
- member of the legislative body
- local government executive
- local administrator
- local planner
- local budget officer
- local expert on the problem being tackled (i.e. agriculturist, health officer, population officer, etc)
- sanitation and wastewater experts
- NGO/ civil society representatives/ private sector
Project proponents from different DMCs will present their success stories. Experts in the sanitation and wastewater industry will discuss planning, technology, financing and management options.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.