The sub-regional conference will formally launch RETA 8060: Promoting Innovations in Wastewater Management in Asia and the Pacific. Participants will be a mixture of government executives, wastewater industry practitioners, private sectors from the following countries: Philippines, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Mongolia and Uzbekistan.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- information on different technologies applicable to their specific condition;
- awareness on successful projects in similar DMCs;
- information on different project financing schemes; and
- enhanced capacity on available planning tools.
- Identification of priority concerns per country/city
- Action Plan per country/city
Participation is by invitation only.
A five-member team from different cities composed of any of the following:
- member of the legislative body
- local government executive
- local administrator
- local planner
- local budget officer
- local expert on the problem being tackled (i.e. agriculturist, health officer, population officer, etc)
- sanitation and wastewater experts
- NGO/ civil society representatives/ private sector
Project proponents from different DMCs will present their success stories. Experts in the sanitation and wastewater industry will discuss planning, technology, financing and management options.