As part of the International Collaborative Initiative on Trade and Employment (ICITE) activities, in conjunction with the Sixth Effects of Trade on Employment Policy Working Group Meeting, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and International Labour Organization (ILO) will host a regional conference on Trade and Employment in a Globalized World.
The conference will bring together distinguished policy makers, analysts and practitioners from a wide range of countries. The speakers and discussants include representatives from ICITE partner organizations, ADB and OECD member countries, academia, civil society and the private sector. Drawing from wide-ranging expertise of participants, the event will provide an outstanding opportunity to broaden our understanding on the mechanisms by which employment and trade interact in a globalized context
Participating organizations to the ICITE studies include: ADB, AfDB, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), IADB, ILO, Organization of American States (OAS), OECD, UNCTAD, World Bank, and WTO.
At the end of the conference, participants will broaden the understanding of the mechanisms by which employment and trade interact in the globalized world and in Asia.
- Empirical and institutional analysis on the topics.
- Inventory data resources.
- Dialogue and exchange of relevant literature and key findings among stakeholders.
- Information for policy-makers and the public of the key findings.
Participation is by invitation only.
- Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration
- Ministry of National Planning and Development
- Ministry of Trade
- Ministry of Industry
- Employer's Association
- Labor Unions
- International Organization (e.g., ADB, OECD, ILO, etc)
- Foreign Unions (e.g., EU, USAID, etc.)
- ASEAN Representatives
- Douglas H. Brooks, ADB
- David Cheong, ILO
- Djuharsa Djajadihardja, MOMT, Indonesia
- H.A. Muhaimin Iskandar, MOMT, Indonesia
- Poppy Ismalina, GMU
- Sisira Jayasuriya, Monash University
- Niny Khor, PRCM-ADB
- Nguyen Huyen Le, MOLISA, Viet Nam
- Douglas Lippoldt, OECD
- Chris Manning, SEADI, USAID
- Ralf Peters, UNCTAD
- Sompat Pochanikorn, MOL, Thailand
- Bernadette Robiani, Sriwijaya University, Indonesia
- Peter Van Rooij, , Indonesia
- Guntur Sugiyarto, ADB
- Susan Stone, OECD
- Julian Wilson, Delegation of the European Union