- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
5 Mar 2014
ADB President Takehiko Nakao has completed a visit to Afghanistan during which he reassured the country of the Bank’s continued support during and beyond the current period of transition.
3 Mar 2014
A new $4 million grant funded by the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction and administered by ADB will help bring much-needed water and sanitation improvements to underserved townships in Yangon and Mandalay, two of Myanmar’s most populated cities.
27 Feb 2014
ADB's headquarters in Manila is now meeting all its energy needs from renewable sources following a geothermal power supply agreement with AdventEnergy Inc., a licensed retail electricity supplier of Aboitiz Power.
26 Feb 2014
Naoyuki Yoshino has been appointed Dean of the Asian Development Bank Institute. Mr. Yoshino, a Japanese national, is currently a Professor of Economics at Keio University, Japan.
21 Feb 2014
ADB and development partners will use a new $3.6 million grant to support around 20 private sector businesses in Asia targeting poor and low-income communities.
20 Feb 2014
The Australian Government has committed $16.3 million to a new fund to combat malaria in the Asia Pacific region, adding to a $19.4 million pledge from the Government of the United Kingdom to the newly established Regional Malaria and Other Communicable Disease Threats Trust Fund.
13 Feb 2014
For the first time since its enactment in 1991, the Philippines’ Local Government Code will undergo a government-led, comprehensive review designed to boost municipal revenues streams for the provision of better basic services and to assist local economic development and job creation.
12 Feb 2014
ADB will provide an additional $25 million loan to the Government of Nepal to complete the Melamchi tunnel and help alleviate a severe water shortage in the Kathmandu Valley.
11 Feb 2014
During a one-day visit to areas affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda), ADB President Takehiko Nakao expressed empathy and deep concern for survivors dealing with the super storm’s aftermath as he assessed potential sites for assistance and inaugurated ADB’s new office in Tacloban, Leyte.
11 Feb 2014
ADB and the Government of India today signed a $275 million loan to continue improving rural roads in the states of Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and West Bengal.