- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
17 Sep 2014
ADB President Takehiko Nakao today met with Pakistan Prime Minister Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif to discuss ADB’s partnership with Pakistan and the country’s development opportunities.
12 Sep 2014
Asian countries have a unique opportunity to transform themselves and leapfrog older technologies to lead the global knowledge-based economy of the future, says a new report from ADB.
12 Sep 2014
A new Creative Productivity Index developed by ADB and Economist Intelligence Unit ranks Japan and the Republic of Korea as countries most efficient in the Asia and Pacific region at turning creative inputs into tangible innovation. Myanmar, Pakistan, and Cambodia, by contrast, are ranked as the least efficient innovators.
1 Sep 2014
ADB today launched the Asia Women Leaders Program to address a glaring absence of women from leadership roles in Asia and the Pacific.
1 Sep 2014
ADB today opened a new office to provide governments with independent advice on shaping public-private partnerships (PPPs), a key conduit for greater infrastructure investment in developing Asia.
27 Aug 2014
ADB President Takehiko Nakao met with India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and stressed that ADB is committed to partnering with India in reigniting growth and reducing poverty. ADB will help India accelerate infrastructure development, boost manufacturing, improve the skills of young people to enhance their employability, expand trade through regional cooperation, and promote private sector activities.
27 Aug 2014
President Nakao met with India’s Finance Minister and ADB Governor Arun Jaitley in New Delhi on 26 August. The President assured the minister of ADB’s continued support to India in accelerating infrastructure development, boosting manufacturing, and bolstering private sector activities.
20 Aug 2014
Poverty will remain a critical challenge for Asia and the Pacific in the coming decades, requiring a greater focus on efforts to address food insecurity and economic vulnerability, says a new ADB report.
6 Aug 2014
Shang-Jin Wei, a professor of finance and economics at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business located in New York City, started work today as Chief Economist of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
4 Aug 2014
New Joint Venture Established for Private Equity Investments in Climate-Related Transactions Throughout Asia
ADB, ORIX Corporation and Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. today announced the formation of Asia Climate Partners, a joint venture that will undertake commercially-oriented private equity investments across a variety of environmentally supportive, low-carbon transactions throughout Asia.