- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
3 Mar 2014
A new $4 million grant funded by the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction and administered by ADB will help bring much-needed water and sanitation improvements to underserved townships in Yangon and Mandalay, two of Myanmar’s most populated cities.
26 Feb 2014
Pilot projects supporting vulnerable populations in Cook Islands, Marshall Islands, and Tonga are helping reduce the impact of economic downturns and counteracting the declining effectiveness of informal safety nets, according to experiences shared at a workshop organized by ADB.
26 Feb 2014
Naoyuki Yoshino has been appointed Dean of the Asian Development Bank Institute. Mr. Yoshino, a Japanese national, is currently a Professor of Economics at Keio University, Japan.
14 Feb 2014
The Government of Myanmar and ADB have signed two grant agreements financed by the Government of Japan through Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction grants to help cut rural poverty and to expand HIV/AIDS services to vulnerable groups and into remote areas.
12 Feb 2014
ADB will provide an additional $25 million loan to the Government of Nepal to complete the Melamchi tunnel and help alleviate a severe water shortage in the Kathmandu Valley.
12 Feb 2014
Preparatory work has begun for a project that aims to improve the efficiency and quality of technical and vocational education and training in Tajikistan, leading to increased skilled workers with better paid jobs.
12 Feb 2014
Improving the investment climate in Tajikistan, supporting knowledge transfer to businesses, and attracting potential investors to the country are at the heart of new technical assistance by ADB and the Government of Japan.
11 Feb 2014
During a one-day visit to areas affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda), ADB President Takehiko Nakao expressed empathy and deep concern for survivors dealing with the super storm’s aftermath as he assessed potential sites for assistance and inaugurated ADB’s new office in Tacloban, Leyte.
3 Feb 2014
ADB President Takehiko Nakao said today that ADB is committed to working closely with Bhutan’s government and its people and ongoing efforts to broaden the economy should be strengthened.
23 Jan 2014
ADB and the Government of India signed an agreement Thursday evening for a $100 million loan for Meghalaya that is aimed at enhancing the employability of the state’s youth through improvements in secondary education and vocational skills training programs.