- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
28 Feb 2014
The proposed Nauru Women’s Policy – which would promote equal participation of women in government decision-making and leadership, improved women’s health, equitable access to education, improved economic status of women, and the elimination of violence against women – was unveiled today at a one-day consultative workshop organized by ADB and Government of Nauru.
26 Feb 2014
Naoyuki Yoshino has been appointed Dean of the Asian Development Bank Institute. Mr. Yoshino, a Japanese national, is currently a Professor of Economics at Keio University, Japan.
20 Feb 2014
The Australian Government has committed $16.3 million to a new fund to combat malaria in the Asia Pacific region, adding to a $19.4 million pledge from the Government of the United Kingdom to the newly established Regional Malaria and Other Communicable Disease Threats Trust Fund.
20 Feb 2014
Improved urban management in the Pacific region can boost living standards and resilience to climate change, according to a new report from ADB.
17 Feb 2014
ADB will continue to play a prominent role in Pacific region transport infrastructure investment, while supporting efforts to expand capacity as well as institutional and policy reform, according to the organization’s latest Pacific Transport Update 2013.
17 Feb 2014
Work begins today to upgrade and rehabilitate the Ringgi Wharf on Kolombangara Island in Western Province. The wharf is one of four wharves to be improved under the Domestic Maritime Support Project which is financed by the Solomon Islands Government, ADB, the Australian Government, and the New Zealand Aid Programme.
11 Feb 2014
During a one-day visit to areas affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda), ADB President Takehiko Nakao expressed empathy and deep concern for survivors dealing with the super storm’s aftermath as he assessed potential sites for assistance and inaugurated ADB’s new office in Tacloban, Leyte.
23 Jan 2014
ADB returned to the US dollar bond market yesterday with the pricing of a $1.5 billion, 5-year global benchmark bond issue, proceeds of which will be part of the bank’s ordinary capital resources and used in its non-concessional operations.
17 Jan 2014
ADB and the Kyrgyz government have signed a financing agreement for the implementation of the reconstruction of a section of the Bishkek-Osh road that will strengthen national and regional connectivity and promote inclusive growth.
24 Dec 2013
ADB has sharply increased support for projects promoting sustainable, inclusive, and environmentally sound growth in Asia and the Pacific, says a new report.