Cambodia has moved closer to lower middle-income status via resounding economic growth driven by solid performances in garment manufacture, tourism, paddy and milled rice, and construction. While this growth is expected to continue through 2015-2016, the economy remains vulnerable to exogenous shocks and natural disasters. The Cambodia Socio-Economic Survey indicated that poverty in Cambodia fell dramatically between 2007 and 2012, from about 50% to below 20%.
Under the country partnership strategy for 2014-2018, ADB will continue to support the government’s economic reform priorities and help promote inclusive growth.
Projects in Cambodia
- Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project
- Provincial Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Upper Secondary Education Development Program (formerly Strengthening Secondary Education and Teaching of Math and Science)
- Decentralized Public Service and Financial Management SP2(Decentralized Rural Infrastructure)
- Second Road Asset Management Project
- Third Financial Sector Program - Subprogram 3
- Advance Actions for the Proposed Flood Damage Emergency Reconstruction Project - Additional Financing
- Strengthening Knowledge Solutions II - Supporting the Government's Planning Cycle
- Improving Market Access for the Poor in Central Cambodia
- Road Asset Management Project